Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Just because someone caught a stomach virus...

I`ve caught several sv`s when I was very young, & I definately blame myself for not being clean enough, or my immune system for letting me down. I can`t help but be angry at myself for getting sick in the past, maybe I just wish that I was superhuman.

I don't think sick people are "dirty" or disgusting people... For me I'm just plain scared to death of anyone that gets sick because I myself fear getting ill. I think the one thing I hate the most is people that go onto Facebook ect and post about how/where/who sick they are... Even if it is a family member that lives cross country that I have no way of catching anything from them.. I have to say, the first week of September thought March I am a ball of anxiety.. I do have to say I function pretty well though considering.. I have 7 year old twins! And they know nothing of my emet.

I'm going to assume that you are referring to me because I did have a status like that and you did comment on it. I was in no way trying to say that people v* or catch a sv* are unclean and utterly disgusting. I, too, have had many sv's in my life and have v*ed on a number of occasions from them. I am not trying to offend you. I do it kind of like a scare tatic to those who aren't emetophobic....people who don't fear v*ing are generally dumb when it comes to how it's spread. I hate it when people say "It's going through our house right now!" - I don't treat anyone differently because they v. I know that people don't feast on feces, but it seems BEYOND me that 200 people on cruise ships ALL get sick.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended you. I don't think you are unclean or disgusting.
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Same reason I do it Mel!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 1scareddj View Post
    I'm going to assume that you are referring to me because I did have a status like that and you did comment on it. I was in no way trying to say that people v* or catch a sv* are unclean and utterly disgusting. I, too, have had many sv's in my life and have v*ed on a number of occasions from them. I am not trying to offend you. I do it kind of like a scare tatic to those who aren't emetophobic....people who don't fear v*ing are generally dumb when it comes to how it's spread. I hate it when people say "It's going through our house right now!" - I don't treat anyone differently because they v. I know that people don't feast on feces, but it seems BEYOND me that 200 people on cruise ships ALL get sick.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended you. I don't think you are unclean or disgusting.
    As I stated before- I wasn't singling anyone out

Like Sage said earlier in the thread, to answer the anomaly of how so many people get sick on cruises is that they ingest contaminated food. It's not always cruise ships either. It can be anywhere. My boyfriends parents have gone on cruises for over 25 years annually, they have never been docked for noro, or have experienced it on their trip.

I suppose I can understand the "Scare tactic" but we do not control other peoples habits. In my opinion, there are ways to get such message across without it seeming offensive, but more so the informative I assume you're all looking for. But ultimately, I can rattle off 1000 disgusting reasons why Casey shouldn't smoke, but that's not going to change his habit..For the first time this whole season since I've been sick have I heard about a stomach virus, and it's next door to my boyfriends house. I'm not going to go on facebook and make a passive aggressive post about how they got sick and how they should of prevented it.

I am just trying to say how I feel and to shine a different light from an emet to another on how things can be interpreted. Did I get through to anyone? I'm not trying to be a bitch or censor people and I'm sorry if I got people mad at me, but it's how I've been feeling reading such stuff over the last few months. Not saying STOP DOING THIS NOW but more so, to think.

That's all!

sage hit the nail on the head. the point is to just wash and be as clean and careful as you can, be careful where you eat, and just live life. not be obsessed with it or think people are eating poop, but they just contracted it. thats it. bad food, dirty hands, whatever it may be.