So yesterday was the Super Bowl, my parents went to some friends house and there was a lot of different food there and my mom ate a lot of it, and a lot of different combinations of food too. She felt fine all yesterday, and went to bed at around 1am, still feeling fine, just full from all of the food she ate yesterday. So I woke up at about 11:30am this morning and heard that the vent was on to the downstairs bathroom. I didn't really think that much of it, cause people turn it on when they use the bathroom sometimes, but everyone else was supposed to be at work, so that's when my emet mind started to panic a little. I went to the bathroom upstairs, and proceeded to head downstairs to get some breakfast. As soon as I walked down the stairs I saw my mother laying on the couch with a pillow and a blanket and she was supposed to be at work so I knew that she was sick. I asked her anyways if she had thrown up, and she knows I'm emetophobic so it pained her to see my expression when she told me she had thrown up, but she had. She woke up at around 4am feeling extremely nauseous and ended up have diarrhea about 10 times she said, then she started to throw up at around 6am this morning, and did so about 4 times. It's now 1:37pm and I haven't heard the toilet flush since I've been up, so that means it's been a few hours since she has thrown up but I'm trying not to freak out. She has stayed confined to one bathroom, so that's good. And I haven't touched her or been in that bathroom since she's gotten sick, and I wasn't around her at all yesterday because I was at my boyfriends family's house for the Super Bowl. She isn't sure if it's a virus, or just something that she ate at the party, or just a combination of the foods she ate. I don't know what to think, but I'm trying not to panic. Do you think it was just something she ate? She did mention a crab dip thing yesterday, or maybe she actually has a virus. I don't know, I just don't want to be around it all day cause I'm not going to be doing anything today like that involves me really being gone. I just wish this wasn't happening right now. Any support, or comfort, or advice for if I do catch it (if it is a virus) and how to handle it ?