Quote Originally Posted by saniaddict View Post
Hey there - You know, I do the same thing when I get put into the throws of anxiety over this. I don't eat. I just can't. The anxiety just takes over and blah I just can't do it. So I can relate. I bet a lot of us can. But then, I do start to feel even worse because I haven't eaten. I feel sort of hypocritical offering any advice because I..well I am at this forum for a reason as well..you know? But when I get like this I really have to try to focus on the logical sides of things. Like...I am being as sanitary as I can possibly be. I haven't been around (near) anyone while they are ACTUALLY V*. I can't catch this by just breathing the same air as them. I am safe. Nothing has changed to make me un-safe. (I don't think that is a real word. lol) I understand. Honestly, I really do. It is the WORST feeling in the world. But -- it WILL pass. Promise. Take some really good deep breaths. Find a distraction. Try to fall asleep. Breathe. It will be ok.
Yeah, it's really hard to force myself to eat anything but I know I have too or else I will end up really sick. I did the same thing last year. I lost almost 10 pounds. I normally weigh around 130 and right now I'm already down to 127 lbs. I am not doing this because I want to get skinnier, because I actually hate how skinny I am, but somehow I just can't bring myself to start eating normally. Should I consult a therapist or something about this? Because I know it can't be doing any good internally to be starving myself. I just hate this phobia. I managed to fall asleep last night at around 4, but I feel like I'm living a nightmare right now I forced myself to eat a little bit of breakfast and am gonna try and eat a bigger lunch. Thanks for all of the support both of you. It means so much.