Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Is there anyone that can Skype/chat with me?

I would like to talk to people who know how I am feeling during this time. My mom has a stomach virus, today is the first day that she has had it. We know it's a stomach virus cause she went to the doctors and they confirmed it. I'm going to be really uneasy tonight and was wondering if there's anyone who would be willing to use Skype chat or AIM chat even since no one is usually ever on this chat. It would be later on tonight but if anyone is willing I would really appreciate it. It's 6:26 where I am, so if you're in the same time zone I would really appreciate the support. Thanks

Default Re: Is there anyone that can Skype/chat with me?

Sure, I have Skype/Aim/MSN or, if you feel so inclined, I'll give you my Google Voice phone number and you can call me. Just PM me with whichever you'd like.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

Quote Originally Posted by jwavrek View Post
    Sure, I have Skype/Aim/MSN or, if you feel so inclined, I'll give you my Google Voice phone number and you can call me. Just PM me with whichever you'd like.
    Okay, I will be on Skype later on tonight probably at around 11. If you're not on at that time I understand, but mine is laurenmichellem and anytime after this if we'd be able to chat that would be amazing. I don't have many people that understand what I go through and it'd be nice to have someone to talk to that won't make me feel like a crazy person. I appreciate it a lot Justin!

Sure, Anytime. I sent you a request on skype. I probably won't be up at 11, considering I have to get up rather early tomorrow, though I'll be home around 2:30PM and I should be free to talk anytime after that.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

I'm sorry you are having a bad night. I know your mom saw a dr but did they do a stool sample to "confirm" it's a virus? A lot of times dr's will hear v* and d* and immediately say stomach virus. If a dr says stomach flu I wouldn't trust them because there is no such thing! Hope you have a peaceful night!

Unhappy Re: Is there anyone that can Skype/chat with me?

Quote Originally Posted by CMM811 View Post
    I'm sorry you are having a bad night. I know your mom saw a dr but did they do a stool sample to "confirm" it's a virus? A lot of times dr's will hear v* and d* and immediately say stomach virus. If a dr says stomach flu I wouldn't trust them because there is no such thing! Hope you have a peaceful night!
    I didn't actually go with her to the doctors office or anything, but she was put on an IV because she was dehydrated and I asked her what the doctors said and her response was that she has an "intestinal virus". So I don't know if they took a stool sample or anything, but that's what she was told. Later on her dr. called her and told her that she was anemic though also, meaning she had very low iron levels which can cause you to feel pretty horrible too. I'm starting to wonder if that had more to do with it, but I can't be too sure ya know? I'm freaking out, not sleeping good either, cause the anxiety will just wake me up. Someone pray for me and anyone else who wants to Skype later on today or anytime feel free to just request me, laurenmichellem.