Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default School issues. Support needed.

Can anyone offer words of support? I have been a member here for over a year and this is my 1st "panic" post.

My 8 year old daughter came home from school today and said her best friend, whom she sits next to got "sick" on the floor next to her. The kids in her row were taken into the hallway while it was cleaned up. This same student was sick last Monday in the same way. What are our chances of avoiding it? This is the 1st big panic with school I have had this year. Please help me get thru the next 3 days.

Erinn

Default Re: School issues. Support needed.

I'm 13, and I'm in 8th grade now.

There have been several times during elementary school where I've had fellow classmates throw up right next to me, it was graphic and disturbing for me. I would be sure I was doomed, that I'd be sick. But nothing ever happened. I washed my hands, I kept myself clean. I think your chances are fine as well as your daughter is keeping good hygiene and isn't placing her hands in her mouth, etc.

Do you know for sure that her best friend had a virus? If she was sick last Monday, that doesn't sound much like a virus. I'm no expert but I don't think they're supposed to last that long? Some kids have more sensitive tummies than others, my friend v*s when she eats something that she doesn't think tastes good! It could be something like that, or an underlying issue. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but for someone to have a stomach virus for more than even a couple of days sounds weird to me. Whenever people I know have had them, they've lasted three days maximum and the vomiting is usually over by the second day, or even at the end of the first day.

Try not to worry, Erinn. It really sounds weird to me that your daughters best friend would have a stomach virus lasting a week. Like I said, I think you guys will be fine as long as you keep good hygiene! I could go through all the crazy vomit situations I've been in at school, or at my own house, but the last thing I want to do is disturb anybody!

-Kailyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Thank you Kailyn. You make a lot of sense. I just hope my daughter washed her hands before lunch.

Erinn

Sounds like her best friend may have other issues going on if she was s* like that two weeks in a row; a food allergy or maybe school-related anxiety? I was in close proximity to children v*ing during assembly at school a couple of times, and didn't get ill from it. Hated assembly for that reason though. I do think she'll be fine xxx