Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question s*v* in house recently, need your opinions!

Hey guys, some advice would be greatly appreciated!

So I just got back home to my parents house after having been away at school. 2 weeks ago my parents caught an awful s*v* at my Grandmother's retirement home. My Dad just had d* and my mom had d* and v*. My brother also had d* that he says he caught from my Dad. So they started to get sick on Monday night, 2 weeks ago from this past Monday. It has been 2 weeks and 2 days since they started getting sick, and it has been exactly 2 weeks and 1 day since anyone has v*. I believe their d* was all gone by 2 weeks ago today. Do you think there is a possibility that the s*v* is still lingering on surfaces in my house?? I have my own bathroom and no one has used it, but I am a little worried about the kitchen/doorknobs/light switches/etc. I am taking precautions (using wet ones, washing hands, not touching face), but am just not sure how long I need to do these things before I am actually safe. Any advice? What do you guys think??

THANK YOU!

Default Re: s*v* in house recently, need your opinions!

I dont think you have much to worry about...but i would still disinfect everything! Don't forget light switches and thinks like remote controls that often get forgotten!

As long as their v* and d* particles didnt touch anything you will be fine, however I would still bleach areas like the toilet, sink, light switches, door knobs, etc.

I think the load of virus in the house is probably pretty low - but like everyone else said, i would definitely still clean. If you don't want to do it in front of people, do it after they go to sleep - i do that so my husband doesn't think i'm psychotic - LOL...