Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default how long are you immune?

so this sunday will be two weeks since i had to face my fear because of that dreadful stomach virus.
    i couldnt tell what was happening to me but i would have never guessed it would have been that.
    while it was happening...i remember thinking to myself....well this isnt so bad after all.
    it had been probaly ten years since it had happened.
    well now that its over and i faced it....i dont feel like it will be such a bother to me anymore, yet at times i still feel fearful of it.
    but i think its too soon to tell since i jsut faced it. im just now getting back to eating right and drinking right.
    i always heard that you are immune to the virus once you had it. anybody know any details on it?

Default Re: how long are you immune?

It's about 16 weeks, generally. It's normal to still feel fearful, just keep reminding yourself that when it was happening, you felt that it wasn't so bad after all.

Every time you get that fear reflect on what it was like being sick. Emetophobia has a tendency to creep back up once someone faces their face. Keep pushing on! You can do it!
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i got my last one on January last year, i just kept fighting it and held everything down and before i knew it it was over.

usually 3-4 months but this year it seems people can get it again quickly, or so ive heard. also some people even when exposed never get symptoms but can carry the virus. it depends on your blood type from what i have read.