Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry SV HELP!! Icubation periods!

Hey all,

So I have just recieved news that there is a very nasty SV going around my city

Yesterday (approx 32 hours ago) I went to the mall, had lunch at a cafe and did my usual shopping without any knowledge of this. I wiped my hands with antibacterial wipes every time I had to touch my face and mouth and washed my hands as soon as I got home.

Has it been long enough to say I'm in the clear? Have I done enough precautions?

I'm really scared Apparently this SV that is going around is a very violent one.

Ugggggggggggggh I hate viruses! I hate this phobia!

Default Re: SV HELP!! Icubation periods!

i thought it was 48-72 hours before symptoms show up

u sound like you were very cautious though, so try not to worry about it. Also, i read somewhere that antibacterial wipes and sanitzer won't work agains the s.v. because its a virus not a bacteria.

I know they are not effective of viruses, I just use the wipes to give my hands a clean when I can't get to a sink

Also, I know SV can start as little as 12 hours after exposure and up to 48 hours after.

I just need a little advice/reassurance. Is there a "median" for incubation periods? I'm up to 35 hours now.

on the CDC website...center for disease control in the US...it says 36 hours some symotoms will show..ive always trusted what they have said...i know some people say 48+ hours...but not mentioning that by 36 hours signs are sure to show...if you feel fine now, im thinking you will be

Quote Originally Posted by SaSa View Post
    Hey all,

So I have just recieved news that there is a very nasty SV going around my city

Yesterday (approx 32 hours ago) I went to the mall, had lunch at a cafe and did my usual shopping without any knowledge of this. I wiped my hands with antibacterial wipes every time I had to touch my face and mouth and washed my hands as soon as I got home.

Has it been long enough to say I'm in the clear? Have I done enough precautions?

I'm really scared Apparently this SV that is going around is a very violent one.

Ugggggggggggggh I hate viruses! I hate this phobia!

I was under the impression its a 12 - 72 hours period, but pretty sure you would feel some symptoms earlier on. it sounds like you have been really careful, anyway the chances of you catching it without direct contact is so slim, esp with the good hygiene. Try not to worry too much (rich coming from me)

The incubation period for a stomach virus is 12-48 hours. Depending on how much the virus was ingested. I think you will be fine. People who everyday stuff like that and not once get sick. I don't see you getting sick. You will be okay
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12-48hrs. From what ive read. But id give it 72+.

Well, I'm up to 62 hours and am still panicking This is so ridiculous. This phobia is running my life lately How long do outbreaks in a city usually last?

Don't panic, I can say with almost 100% certainty if you had somehow caught something you would know by now! Especially because you were so clean! I'm sure you will be fine.

About three days.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

you don't even know if you were exposed to the virus. I am pretty sure you have nothing to worry about. I'm sure you enountered more flu/cold viruses in the mall than actual noro. As far as it "going around" and it being a "really nasty strain," it's always going around, and it's always pretty much the same symptoms just different for everyone.