Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: My Crochet

Default OT: My Crochet

Howdy guys

So, as we all know, Emets need their distraction methods. Mine is crochet. Since I started my CBT a few years back, I was handed a crochet hook and a ball of wool by my Mother and told to learn; and luckily it flourished into a well loved passion.

I'm trying to sell my works to provide myself with more wool, and just wondered if any of you would like to have a look, my ebay is shopping24601.
    I sell baby blankets and hats that all have been crocheted by myself
    Everything will be alright in the end: If it is not alright, it is not the end.

Default Re: OT: My Crochet

knitting is one of my best distractions......my grandma taught me when i was 8......many many years ago.

i make tons of hats, scarves, baby clothes.....just about anything.....most of which i give away as gifts......but have thought about selling it on ebay, etc.

i'm gonna check out your stuff
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awww thanks! I havent got much up but putting a few more blankets and hats on tomorrow so be sure to check back! I looooooove my crochet, but being younger, it gets me a strange look thanks for replying and checking it out

I am trying to learn how to knit but having trouble

Keep at it! Its such a rewarding past time but it requires perserverance i find knitting harder but once I practise it gets a little easier

wish you lived closer, michelle....i'm a great knitting teacher
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey guys!

Just to let you know have popped two more baby blankets on my ebay I hope this isn't being too cheeky! I would really love for you guys to have a look, possibly pass on to your friends if you like my designs. Like I said, it's my distraction method and my partner is getting fed up with having to keep buying wool. Also, I am wanting to bump up my ebay - as I am a new seller I don;t have any rating and need them, urgh

Hope you enjoy them just to look at if anything - thanks again for all of your support

Elphie x

I'll have a look in a minute! EJB199 on here does crochet too I think she finds it relaxing as well I've just started making soap and candles and hope to try bath bombs next, i want to sell them on a fairly large scale so i don't have to go back to work when my maternity leave is up. I'm going to open a shop on the Folksy website, everything on there has to be homemade, it looks good.

Good luck with selling your things, if you are in the UK I might buy something for Fabian when I get paid at the end of the month.

Yay thanks sooooo much Pauline! Please do have a looky and rest assured you can be 100% positive on buying from me I do indeed live in the UK! I know exactly what you mean, I would LOVE for my crochet to really take off and for it to be full time, you can always dream right?

I've always loved candle making too, it is so much fun and the creativity of it is amazing! I LOVE folksy and am on it quite a bit, please do let me know when you have opened your shop there so I can swing by and have a look?

I am both a crocheter and knitter. You are right they are wonderful distractions. I will take a peak around your ebay. Do you know of the site Ravelry? It is a super resource for people interested in both knitting and crochet!

Thanks for having a looky!!! I keep forgetting to mention it is the uk ebay website I have not heard of this website but I M totally going to have a look now, thank you!!

Elphie, im ejb199 and as Pauline said, im a fellow crochet crazy! i absolutely LOVE it. i love making blankets and amigurumi. i have a page on facebook called crochet crafts and cats. its public so you should be able to find it. i have a few pics on there and intend to pop some more on soon :-)

just had a look on your ebay - love the start blankets :-) im currently working a flower balnket - 40 roses done, 10 to go then 50 daisys then crochet all together. should look good once completed. i also made a bobble blanket a few weeks ago and the texture is just lush. want to start another as it feels just soooo nice :-)

how long have you crocheted for? i learnt about a year or 18 mths ago. mainly from my mum and the book happy hooker - thats such a good book and i love the bag patterns in there.

Hey ejb199 thanks so much for getting back and having a looky on my ebay! I just had a look at your facebook page, O hope it was the right one with a pig on it? It was soooo cute!

I have been crochetting for nearly 3 years now, i got given a magazine about crochet, taught myself and worked through all of the projects in around 3 days, and i couldnt wait for another 7 days for the next magazine to come out so i looked out my mums old 60's-90's stitch-by-stitch magazines - oh my God they are epic! Haha!!

Ever since then, I've been hooked (forgive the pun) and like i said it's my distraction method when panicking or when i have n*. is it yours too?

I will definitely take a look...thanks

For me, my distraction/hobby is scrapbooking

Hey Erica!

Thanks for having a looky - I hope you enjoy!

I looove looking at scrap books, always wanted to have a go!

I love anything crafty and find it a great distraction. I even took my french knitting on the tube the other day, it practically lives in my bag now!

I sell handmade jewellery on Etsy and Folksy and have had a lot more sales on Folksy than eBay, it might be worth you opening a shop on there instead, it's cheaper too. It takes a while to get going with sales etc, I expected it to start straight away which it didn't, it's picking up now though. It's also cheaper than eBay to list etc. Etsy is also in America so you can target more people but for some reason Folksy gets me more sellers.

Oh I've just realised I have six different craft projects on the go at the moment!! Whoops!!

Thanks so much for the advice tallgirl!! I thought that folksy wouldnt be so popular but i may give it a go! Perhaps send me your shop name so i can swing by it?

Quote Originally Posted by Elphiba View Post
    Hey Erica!

Thanks for having a looky - I hope you enjoy!

I looove looking at scrap books, always wanted to have a go!
    Scrapbooking is really fun...but expensive at times...I have so much stuff to scrapbook like the paper and stickers, but I just keep buying more and more haha.

I can't seem to find how to get into your page...

I know what you mean, my partner and I make our own carda for frends and family - you can never have enough!!

Make sure you are going on ebay.co.uk go to search and find advanced search, on that you can find search by seller, type in shopping24601 and you will find me

It's monkeybusinessuk.

I thought Etsy would be better too, given the amount of people that go on there, maybe I have just been unlucky!

I want to make more crafty bits now!! :-)

Excellent sounds like a winner, may try folksy after my stuff on ebay!!

Go be creative; it is crucial when the mood strikes

I've made two birthday cards since my last post and now I'm about to do some more cross stitch! Oh I'm acting like an old woman and I'm only 28!! :-)

Awww great i am making another new pattern baby blanket!!

i love crochet blankets and stuff but i never seem to have the patience to make my own; i always end up quitting when they're about the size to cover a baby! but my moms making me one right now; a crochet pink and rainbow blanket! <3 its cool that you crochet too!

i tried to find a link on my facebook page to give you but i cant - if you pop Crochet, Crafts and Cats into the search, you should see it. the profile pic is of 3 of the angry birds. which i crocheted :-) its public so u should be able to view everything on there.

yes, crochet helps me if im anxious or feeling panciky. i take it everywhere with me too and work on different things during my lunch break some days!

do you read any blogs at all? i loe planet june, attic24 and little tin bird.

ive been on pinterest too and there are some lovely things to find inspiration from. these cute matchboxes are adorable!! http://blog.lobsterandswan.com/page/2/
    a matchbox a day! i want to make a bday one for my sisters.

Oh wow those match box's are beautiful!! I would love to make one of those, so cute!

Just want to say guys thanks so much for the support I am being shown here - usually I get totally shunted with the whole crochet things and I have had a ridiculous amount of views compared to what I usually have. I really hope the blankets sell to keep whomever's baby all warm and snuggly but also to fund my distraction. It's so hard trying to get your ebay shop up and running and a lot of people will look at my shop and be like "oh she has no ratings, I won't buy from her" so like i said if you know anyone who likes it please let them knoe they can trust me 100%.

What I am trying to say is, I am usually know as a frewk because of who I am and what I do for enjoyment, and I want to say thank for supporting me.

(getting emotional, sorry)

Elphie x

I love the Angry Birds!! :-)

Have you tried this website:

https://www.ravelry.com/account/login

It has loads of patterns, lots of free ones too.

I think someone already posted that website and i had a looky -thanks!

Yay, found it...very pretty!