Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question A Emetophobic with bad Hygiene?

Ive taken off 4 months from this site, and now i see the site has completely changed, wow

but anyway I have realized how much alot of you care so much about hygiene, me on the other hand ive came up with a list of how nasty i can sometimes be:
    +i blow snot into my shirt if im at home and to lazy to get up
    +im a neighborhood exterminator that picks up bugs, rats, moles with my bare hands
    +i have only cleaned my toilet once a year
    +i ONLY wash my hands if im about to eat
    +i dont even bother wasting my hands if its not a fingerfood
    +and i love steak cooked RARE! (if that counts)

im starting to think that im not even a eme, maybe im just a panicky person!

Default Re: A Emetophobic with bad Hygiene?

Eeek! I couldn't do any of that! I am a super clean freak, but I'm not even as bad as a lot of people can get when it comes to emetophobia.

Really? Gross. I think those are awful hygeine practices for ANY person emet or not.
    My stomach just did a flip reading that..UGGG!

Quote Originally Posted by roadtofreedom View Post
    Ive taken off 4 months from this site, and now i see the site has completely changed, wow

but anyway I have realized how much alot of you care so much about hygiene, me on the other hand ive came up with a list of how nasty i can sometimes be:
    +i blow snot into my shirt if im at home and to lazy to get up
    +im a neighborhood exterminator that picks up bugs, rats, moles with my bare hands
    +i have only cleaned my toilet once a year
    +i ONLY wash my hands if im about to eat
    +i dont even bother wasting my hands if its not a fingerfood
    +and i love steak cooked RARE! (if that counts)

im starting to think that im not even a eme, maybe im just a panicky person!
    I've definitely done the snot wipe when I'm working, I can't always just go get tissues when I have a pup on my table.

While I'm not an exterminator, I don't think that's particularly gross. I take in dogs who haven't been bathed in weeks, some in months or even years, and then work with them with my bare hands. While it's totally not the same thing, I can see them being similar in a normal person's grossness level. I see nothing wrong with it as long as you're doing it safely.

My toilet only gets cleaned when it starts looking grimy! Probably about 4 times a year, so I'm with you there.

I rarely wash my hands as well! Only if I were to eat with my hands, or if I've gotten something gross on them at work, which happens more than you'd like to know. After working with dogs is the only time I'll wash my hands before I eat with a fork.

Rare steak is my fav!

So yeah, I don't think any of that is wicked sketchy! There are many emets, and we're all different people. I can think of many non emets in my life who wouldn't bat an eye at our lists, and then many non emets that would freak! I believe it's the same with emets. Some of us will be grossed out by things, some of us won't!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm also not totally obsessed with hygiene, I'm completely anal about hygiene around handling raw chicken and pork but totally fine around preparing raw beef and lamb and would happily eat them rare. Im also happy handling raw eggs and eat them with the yolk runny.

I properly clean my house every 2-3 days, I'm quite happy to let my daughter make a mess and then tidy once in bed. If someone is sick in my house then I won't use cups that they have use

LOL just reading what you do makes me anxious

To be honest, my hygiene is pretty poor too and I was very, very emetophobic (not as much now, but not recovered). I don't know why, I was so worried about contracting virus' and being ill, I can't understand why my hygiene was and is so awful. I'm also very disorganized, which doesn't have much to do with emetophobia, but still counters into the not so great hygiene.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

i'm emetophobic for sure......but never got into the whole cleaning thing....or hand washing thing.....i wash my hands when i get home from shopping/hanging out or work.....but thats about it. i have a cleaning business but am pretty slack when it comes to my own house.......i'm pretty sure though that if my husband got sick i would pretty diligent about cleaning the bathroom.....but until then not so much....

to each his own i suppose...lol
    how i feel about emet

Not every emetophobic is the same, and some who think they're emetophobic just have the normal "fear" (aversion) of vomiting everyone does. Only you can say whether you're emet or not.

ohhhh....i wish a had just the normal fear or aversion of v like most people do......my life would be soooooo different. i'm jealous of those people....someday, maybe
    how i feel about emet

lol this made me laugh - in a gross kind of way! although my emet is up and down, even at the worst point i had, i wasnt obsessed or ocd with cleaning and hand washing. id say im pretty "normal" as in i clean my bathrooms weekly, i clean the kitchen surfaces daily, i wash my hands before eating food and after being out and about and the loo.

the one thing though which doesnt tie in at all with being hygienic is my relationship with my 4 cats! they are out in the garden, pooing, weeing and digging, they sniff each others bums ALLLLL the time - yet im quite happy to pick them up and kiss them and snuggle into them. one of my cats inparticular, Jerry, is incredibly friendly and he literally sits on my head in the morning, purring into my ear, rubbing his nose on my face. when he gets relaxed and happy, he dribbles (nice, not) and a number of times its gone onto my mouth/face/in my ear. and yeah, i dont worry at all!

I`m very fussy about cleaning my kitchen & bathroom, but I`m lazy about vacumming & dusting, & only do them every 4 months or so, but then I don`t think you can catch sv`s from dust on furniture or carpets.

I used to be ok with all of that to a point. I have NEVER been this bad about cleaning and hand washing. This year has been a very low point in my book to the point where my hands have cracks in them from washing them too much. I don't know how I let this happen, but for the last 4 weeks or so...man! You are all very luck not to freak like I do! I would just love it if it got back to the point where I was which was if I heard, see or smell, I had my panic attack and i was fine. Now, I freak myself out all the time! Oye!

I can be extremely messy. I still shower daily, and I usually wash my hands before I eat. If I'm doing renovation work with my dad, my hands will have to be almost pure black before they get washed.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

My hygiene is probably mid-range. I clean my bathrooms and kitchen about twice a month and clean the kitchen once a week. I do wash my hands before and after using a bathroom and carry hand sanitizer with me. I always wash my hands before I prepare food and immediately after I come home. I think i'm more concerned with handwashing because I have a pretty poor immune system, I pick up flus and colds very easily.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.