Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down Noro is being extra stubborn this year, isn't it?

So many outbreaks! Holy cow.
    Definitely thriving quite strongly in my area. I don't trust anyone in this town to be consistently washing their hands or being careful about not infecting others.

Everyone everywhere has it and I haven't been feeling 100% the past few days. Starting to get worried, as usual.

Is there any way of knowing when it may start to die out? Obviously if people keep passing it on or catching it in other ways, it will continue for as long as it takes. But is there a time/month where it often starts to decrease? I'm living in such fear about it and if it doesn't seem like it is fading soon, I'll probably really lose my mind.
    Last edited by sunnyskies; 02-11-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."

Default Re: Noro is being extra stubborn this year, isn't it?

im with you...i am fighting my fears full force lately...where are you located? fortunately its peaking right now...slow incline then peak then basically dies off. i just saw it was a stream on yahoo..WORRY usually it peaks for just a few days/weeks, which we are in the heat of it now...lay low, and it should die off pretty fast by the start of march. lets hang in there

Where are you two located? I actually haven't really heard of anyone getting it around me, thank goodness. Well, one family did but it all started with a two year old in daycare, and that never worries me (because I don't come in contact with any children).

I'm from Wisconsin. There have been recent outbreaks in the capital of Madison and in several counties near me. It's really hitting the usual places like schools, churches, small businesses, nursing homes, etc. Each of my friends have had it, or their spouse, kids, or relatives have.

Or they know someone who had it and that person knows ten other people who had it. I've needed to step away from Facebook again because people freak me out by going into extreme detail about it on a daily basis.

It isn't uncommon for this area in January/February. Before this phobia it didn't bother me for a number of years. I was always careful and did all of the steps to prevent catching it which always worked.

Now my mind is just running away with itself and this worrying. No one in my family has gotten it which I'm thankful for and it should console me but it hasn't thus far, lol.
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."

i think it's hitting hard because right now it's peak season. the numbers should start to decline. i know, im concerned too as i took my kid to the clinic this morning for a sinus infection and he told us how bad it is going around.

I get strep throat every year around this time (any day now!), and when I'm at the dr they alllwayys say how hard it's hitting. Literally every year. So it doesn't even phase me when they say it. I start to worry when I notice a lot of healthy adults and teens getting it. I know it's easier to the elderly, and kids don't have a care in the world so they pick it up easy.

I have also heard that when you make a bleach solution for cleaning, it is only good for 24 hrs. I never knew that before, maybe that it the issue sometimes?!