Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Wink Friend's 21st Birthday

One of my best friends, Helen, turned 21 this past Wednesday, and tonight was her party. I wasn't really thinking about it until I got there and someone told me she had already thrown up twice. I really, really didn't like that, but when I saw her she was having a grand old time! She was being a champ. It was so funny. I had a couple of Smirnoffs myself, and maybe that was what did it, but she got sick again and I was fine. I was completely fine.

Helen was HAMMERED when we got there, and she told her family that my emetophobia meant that I was allergic to throw-up. Funniest thing I've ever heard. She's such a sweetheart. She kept telling me that she wouldn't tell me if she got sick and that she wouldn't get sick and that nothing was wrong. She was hammered, so it was hilarious, but also very sweet.

I'm quite proud of myself. I didn't avoid her or freak out. My anxiety didn't even rear its ugly head!

I think it was because I had knocked a few back, but I'm hoping its because I'm just learning to deal with it.

I'm sorry if this post seems a little scatterbrained, I'm still rather drunk myself!
    life is a mistake that only art can correct.

Default Re: Friend's 21st Birthday

Yes, feeling tipsy turns those bad feelings into good ones lol...even v*ing drunk it nothing....lol its so crazy how that stuff alters our minds

Default Re: Friend's 21st Birthday

I think it's great that (all tipsiness aside) you conquered a situation that would normally terrify many emetophobes. Perhaps, over time, if we learn to adapt and conquer situations we normally avoid due to this fear... then we can learn to live more normal, healthy lives where this fear doesn't hold us back.
    My YouTube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Emet Blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.