Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: "Sour" Stomach

Hybrid View

Default "Sour" Stomach

My anxiety has been relatively high for a while (I have GAD as well) and since a stomach virus a month or so ago, it seems to be a little worse. It seems like every other day I have a "sour" stomach. Feel queasy, taste acid, "gaggy" feeling in my throat etc. It it really frustrating for me. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this. I live on Pepto Bismol when I feel this way.

Default Re: "Sour" Stomach

sorry you're feeling bad....i hate when my stomach is like that....gives me the worst taste in my mouth and throat. i take generic zantac for it.......i buy it at walmart....i buy the extra strength and usually take it every morning.......on bad days i have to take another around dinner time.

i also eat those cinnamon red hot candies......seem to get rid of the taste and settles my stomach......i'm not fond of pepto.....
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I probably need to get something like that. It's the strangest thing. Just a nervous stomach. So frustrating.... I can sort of work my mind around it and not freak out too bad, but it just drives me nuts. One day I feel fine and the next day I feel sick, and it cycles. I get so tired of it. Thanks for your advice.

Do you have GERD? I do, and experience this frequently.

i have been experiencing the same exact thing. i couldnt have described it any better than you did. i had a stomach virus and since then everything is "out of whack" very aggervating.