Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Can feeling guilty make you anxious/nauseus?

Hey I've only posted a few times on here, I'm just wondering about something. I'm with a lovely lovely person called Alex. He is my absolute soul mate and I don't know what I'd do without him!
    A long time ago, I met a guy called Jak, and I only recently found out Alex hates Jak.
    jak has been speaking to me for a while, but when Alex finds out he gets really upset! Ive been speaking to Jak again and now I'm feeling super guilty for not telling Alex, but I don't want to upset him, because I've done nothing wrong or anything to hurt him.
    My stomach is churning and making me feel rubbish, and just plain anxious. Is this caused by guilt?

Default Re: Can feeling guilty make you anxious/nauseus?

I would imagine so yes, guilt can make you feel, anxious, stresses etc.

With regards to your friendhship with Jak, we're you friends with him before you and Alex met?

Could absolutely cause you to feel edgy yes. I am in the same boat of anxious guilty feelings right now cause of work.

thanks for replying!
    Yes I knew Jak before Alex. I had a small relationship with him (so its understandable for Alex to be upset) but Alex and Jak have known each other before then. They just haven't gotten along. These two things put together have made me on edge about replying to messages he sends me.
    He's just being protective over me, as I would with him. But it's taking it's toll on my stomach

It's a vicious circle really, you're stressed because of talking to Jak without Alex knowing, because of this it's upsetting your stomach which then makes you more stressed.

From my experience it is always better to be honest, the truth will always out but the longer it keeps going only gives Alex more of a reason to be annoyed even though it's completely innocent.