Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Bakery Products

Default Bakery Products

In the UK, we have Tesco and such places that sell nice danish pastries that you help yourself too with tongs and what not. I have often had these and pick them up with the bag inside out.

I was just wondering though... yesterday my partner bought me a lovely cinnamon swirl for a nice breakfast for Monday morning. I ate it today but now I'm kind of worried.

This is surely an obvious way for noro to spread? I feel pretty darn dumb right now, seriously. It doesn't help my IBS and my emet are pretty bad right now.

My other half is VERY supportive of my problems, and always picks pastries from the back. He got it from a little convenience store Tesco (so maybe not as busy?) but I'm having those niggly thoughts in the back of my mind.

I was just wondering if anyone else eats these sort of products, especially in peak time like now, and if they worry?

Default Re: Bakery Products

I eat these all the time, i love tesco pecan pastries. I try not to let food worry me too much, if i worried about every food id never eat. I go for the ones at the back too though. X

Thanks randall - the pecan ones are a weakness of mine too! Vanilla creme crowns are also lovely (sounding fat right now, lol!) My anxiety is bad at the moment so was nearly in tears this evening, seems silly recently. x

I think half the things we think abiut probably seem silly to others, buts that why we are here, because we have this irrational fear. Some emets probably wouldnt even go near food like that, so feel proud that you can. Never let this fear ruin something you enjoy x

I pick them up using a bag too!! :-) The pecan ones are the best!! Or their big chocolate muffins!! :-)

I also pick them up with an inside out bag too lol!! And always get ones from the back that haven't been prodded and poked (or sneezed on) I do sometimes pass on them though towards the end of the day if there's 2 or 3 of each thing all one one tray because I'm never sure if the assistant that has moved them has done it with bare fingers or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i pick them up with the inside out bag as well :-) and also get them from the back. what are we like ey!! i only ever get mine in the morning on the way to work. and not that often tbh.

lol this post made me chuckle - just the image of emets all with their inside out bags fighting for the danish pastries at the back of the tray!

Quote Originally Posted by ejb199 View Post
    lol this post made me chuckle - just the image of emets all with their inside out bags fighting for the danish pastries at the back of the tray!
    Lol, i always felt a bit silly messing about with the bag like that but I don't feel so bad now!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I always feel uncomfortable buying any sort of takeaway, because I always wonder if it`s been handled by someone with noro.

Pauline, i think its quite a good way of getting a pastry - i.e dont need to touch tongs and the persons hand is completely covered with the bag. i saw someone else in tesco do it too - maybe a fellow emet !

I love this post!!

So glad I'm not the only one who's weakness is a good danish! I think it's quite common for people to pick them up with bags, which is a good thing of course.

Pauline - do you really think assistants could move them and stuff towards the end of the day? I've never thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlestranger View Post
    I love this post!!

So glad I'm not the only one who's weakness is a good danish! I think it's quite common for people to pick them up with bags, which is a good thing of course.

Pauline - do you really think assistants could move them and stuff towards the end of the day? I've never thought of that.
    I don't know if they do in all branches, but the one i used to go in near my work (i'm on maternity at the mo so haven't had a pecan danish or jumbo chocolate croissant for ages lol) they used to have a tray per thing in the morning like a tray full of donuts, a tray full of cinnamon buns etc but if you went in during the afternoon and they only had 2 or 3 of each thing left it all used to be together on the one tray so someone must've moved them all, it did have a 5 star scores on the doors hygiene certificate though so hopefully they used tongs

I was in sainsburys once, and I am rather partial to a crusty french stick. I saw a child go over, stick the end of one in it's mouth and then it's mother grabbed it, and shoved it back on the shelf!!! ARGH! Talk about put me off my fave thing ever

Anyway - I have since noticed that they now have them high up on the wall, and covered mostly (apart from one end) in plastic :-) yay! So my french stick buying has resumed!

You would clearly notice I'm sure if someone had stuck something in their mouth - I don't mean to scare anyone with this post - but I'm just so glad they put them higher up now. I love them and don't worry at all about anyone touching it, like the staff. They are too yummy!!

Eee love this post! A good old French stick is lush too.

The pastries in the Tesco stores always seem high up... maybe they do it deliberatly as it's the same in Sainsburys too?

Pauline - I feel like we need to send you some Tesco pastries! You deserve them after not having had one in forever

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlestranger View Post
    Eee love this post! A good old French stick is lush too.

The pastries in the Tesco stores always seem high up... maybe they do it deliberatly as it's the same in Sainsburys too?

Pauline - I feel like we need to send you some Tesco pastries! You deserve them after not having had one in forever
    Mmmm I love french sticks too, Morrisons ones are my favourite they stay nice and crusty but without going rock hard, they do a pack of mini ones and they are gorgeous with tuna mayo

Do you know, i have been thinking of all the pastries since this post and wanting some sonow that i have it in writing that I deserve one, I think I am going to have to make a special trip to a tesco express and have a pig out lol