Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Antibiotic help?!

Okay so this morning I got up to pee, (sorry about the graphic detail) but when I pushed to pee, it stung SO bad! and once I'd finished it felt like a very hot stinging as-well. I always check my pee now because I heard your pee can tell you a lot about your digestive system and if its okay. Well when I turned to quickly check and pull the flush it was very cloudy it's been cloudy for a few days now, but when I first saw it, I had been out the night before and figured it could be my body washing out the alcohol?

Being an Emet, I looked on Google for help instead of my doctor, and all the results on Google point toward UTI's?
    I learnt that they're easily treatable if sorted quickly (like most things) but the treatment for it is antibiotics.
    I am SUPER scared of pills, I never take them. I just can't seem to swallow them. I'm also worried about side effects, the main one being *n or *v!! I usually get away with having a liquid version of whatever medication I've been told to take, and I don't take medication often. Probably twice a year?

I just wanted to know, has anyone had the side effects I'm worried about from antibiotics? Or is there a liquid version for antibiotics?! (pushing my luck here I know!)
    Also, if anyone has had a UTI before, could they let me know what they suffered from, just so I can be sure its a UTI and not something else.

If all else fails, I will have to kick and scream to the doctors, but I'm so scared of them! I think its the bad news I get scared about, but I realise the bad news could be worse if I don't go soon.

Thanks, Cathy x

Default Re: Antibiotic help?!

Hi Cathy,

I actually had a UTI about a month ago, and I was totally freaking out about taking the antibiotics as well. I finally went to the doctor (the UTI was preventing me from going about my day as usual and it was really embarrassing). I was prescribed Ciprofloxacin for 3 days, and IT WORKED WONDERS. I didn't feel n* or v* at all, and it cleared up all of the problems I was having. My advice is to go to the doctor! If a UTI goes untreated, the infection can spread to your bladder or kidney, and then you will need more intense medical attention and probably a longer dosage time for antibiotics. Go to the doctor now, and for your own peace of mind, don't look up side effects or medicine reviews online (the things you'll find are mostly negative, which makes sense -- people rarely post or write a review to talk about how good something was). You'll feel so much better, and everything will be just fine

You definitely need to go to the doctors hun, it will only get worse, trust me, I went through a fad of recurrent UTI's and kidney infections about 4 years ago and no amount of cystitis sachets or cranberry juice will shift it, you do need antibiotics. I think i must have had every antibiotic known to man over the years between my throat/urinary tract and teeth and the good thing is I have never ever ever been sick from any of them. I once got very nauseous after one individual dose but that was because I had taken it on an empty stomach and not with food as instructed so that was my own fault.

There are liquid versions of antibiotics that they give to children and you could maybe ask for it on the basis that you can't swallow pills but if they refuse then the best way to swallow tablets is to get a bottle of water, put th etablet on the tip of your tongue (not the back where it can make you gag) then take a big swig of water and swallow - the bottle creates a vortex type thing that just swishes it right down.

Hope you feel better soon xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yep, you definitely need to go to the Drs hun and get yourself some antibiotics or it could turn into a kidney infection, which can be pretty painful. The kind of antibiotics they prescribe you for a UTI won't make you sick, don't worry. You should be able to get liquid form too
    Last edited by Elski; 02-14-2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling

I get UTI all the times. I have never had any problems with pills, but I ALWAYS make sure that I have a few crackers in my system when I take any pills! Just a little bit of food will help take ANY edge off. But like I said, I have never had a problem with any type of meds for UTIs! Good luck and I hope you feel better. They are NOT fun! Push the water though! Even though you may have to pee ALL the time, it is better than having a UTI. Be careful with caffene too!

Yes, trust me if you don't get into the doctors now, you will regret it!! I waited too long and my UTI turned into a kidney infection this past weekend. I was in so much pain with a pretty high fever (for my norm) and just couldn't get out of bed. The pain in my back below my rib cage was so bad, it actually made me feel like I was going to vomit. Believe me, you wanna avoid that at all costs!! So please, for your sake and the sake of your health and well being, make an appointment for a clean catch specimen. I was prescribed Ciprofloaxcin also and I did not experience any of the side effects listed. It is advised to take it with food though so perhaps avoid taking it on an empty stomach and you should be good to go!

I literally just got over a uti... They put me on cipro it really has been the best anti biotic I've been on... I've had a few in the past year the doctor said once you get one they keep coming. They put me on bactrim for the first one (horrible n*) and macrobid (horrible n* and d* I thought for sure I'd v* on this one) it was awful. Then for the 3rd uti they put me on cipro and a lot better than the other 2. But you have to get checked and get a script of antibiotics because if you don't you can get a kidney infection and become extremely sick!!! Good luck and remember take all of your meds otherwise you won't get better!!!

I had one a few months ago. They gave me Bactrim liquid form. I can't take pills. I did get a little nauseated at first with it, but then I started taking it with two full glasses of water and had no problems whatsoever. Also, pick up some probiotics to take along with your antibiotics or you risk having diarrhea as well. Get to the doctor! UTIs are nothing to mess around with. Mine eventually got bad enough where the pain alone was making me feel very, very nauseated!