Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anniversary

Unhappy Anniversary

Well, today is my 7 year anniversary of having the sv* Yes I am in a state if panic. It is a bad panic day for me anyhow but now it is worse. Last Thursday my supervisor had to leave and go pick her daughter up from school for n* & v*. (The nurse at school said it was going around really bad there) She sent the child back to school the next day and she came to work. Yesterday the same supervisor called in with the sv*. She said she had been up all night sick. Today she's back at work. She said her daughter had gotten the sv* again also and stayed home from school with it yesterday. I have to work with her in her office and I have to do her job when she's out. I have to touch all her stuff. YES! I used sanitizer everytime I left her office yesterday and every chance I could, I washed my hands. Still nervous though. I do not have to share a restroom with her, So that is a little bit of an ease on my panic. THEN she was telling our sales guy about it and he says, Well yesterday one of the girls that works with his wife just came back to work ... she was out with it all last week. She said she lost 10 pounds because she was so sick. She works in a Dr.'s office so she probably caught it from there.
    I am all depressed. I ate supper lastnight (that my mom cooked) but today I will not be eating any real meals. I will stick to a poptart for breakfast and then crackers or pretzels for the rest of the day. Just to keep it light in the tummy. I will give the kids their Valentine's then run home to hide from them. They have to stay with my mo this time of the year. I caught the sv from them the last time I had it. So out of fear and superstition, I stay away from them for about a week. (I see them but I try to avoid them too) I'm such a bad mom sometimes...

Default Re: Anniversary

wow, this is an intense time for you right now and having that sv going around has got to be making you nuts. Just keep washing! No finger foods....eat those crackers and pretzels with a fork! lol I understand where you are coming from about it being a certain time of year linked to your sv anniversary. I too am having an issue right now. The last time I had a sv I had a nanny living with me. i havent seen that nanny in almost 2 yrs. It was january when i caught the sv. I finally saw her again and it happened to be around the anniversary of my sv. Definately brought back nightmare memories!
    I will say this, i have never been able to get away from my little germ monsters for any amount of time due to the possiblity of illness. My hubby would think i was nuts! He just doesnt understand. Be thankful you have an understanding mom!