Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: In a bad way

Default In a bad way

Havent felt good since christmas really, been having flare ups of both IBS and gastritis and its affecting me almost every day, some worse than others. So back to today, when I woke up I felt uncomfortably full and although I didnt feel like I was going to v* I didnt feel good. I couldnt eat anything which isnt like me these days but I went off to work hoping it would pass. Well I just about got through my shift-it was only 4 hrs today, but I did feel progressively worse so I rang and made an appointment with my dr which is in 40mins. Now 20 minutes ago I went to the toilet and had d*. Very rarely do I get that if anything my IBS tends to cause constipation but even that hasnt been a problem for several months. Im trying not to panic but I keep thinking maybe its a sv and the v* is gonna happen anytime now. I just want to lie in bed and the thought of going to the drs and sitting with all those sick people is daunting. Also what if I have d* whilst in drs or worse still need to v*. This sucks so much I could cry.

Default Re: In a bad way

Sorry you are feeling ill...hopefully your doctor has a solution...maybe you had a few days of constipation and finally you had to go?? It sometimes works like that...feel better soon!

Default Re: In a bad way

Back from drs and she gave me a combination of 2 antibiotics which are used to treat h pylori even though I havent tested positive. I need to stop taking the lansoprazole for 2 wks before I can get the test but my stomachs playing up so much that Ive had to increase my dose by double. She said it wouldnt do me any harm to try this course of treatment and if it doesnt work then I will have to referred back up the hospital to see a gastroenterologist. Its really getting me down.

Erica 1649: thanks for your reply but Ive been going to the toilet a lot more than usuals for a few months now so constipation certainly wasnt the cause of my d*. Im just hoping and praying that its not the start of a sv*!