Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation N*/bloating/burping almost constantly.

For the past week or so I've been almost constantly bloated with gas, stomach cramps and N*. I definitely get hungry and when I eat it goes away for a bit, but then it comes right back. Right now I'm having all three symptoms and I don't know what to do! I'm starting to get anxious about the N* especially because I don't want to V*, and I took a .5 klonopin so my anxiety didn't make it all worse. Does anyone know what this could be? I'm TERRIFIED of noro, just like everyone here seems to be. I work in a hospital but I wash my hands so much that I've given myself lesions (not proud of this) and I haven't been around any V* or anything like that. I've already called out of work for 2 days a few weeks ago out of sheer terror and I can't let myself get any crazier. Help!A

Default Re: N*/bloating/burping almost constantly.

Have you been diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) or do you suspect you may have it? Those are definitely symptoms of it. The symptoms progressively become worse with anxiety so do try and relax. Also, it may help to alter your diet a bit if you haven't been eating that well. Acidic things are very hard on the stomach like citrus fruits, tomatoes, chocolate, anything caffeinated or carbonated, salad dressings, anything with a ton of preservatives, dairy, spicy things. You just really have to watch what you eat and it helps to record what symptoms you are experiencing and foods you ate that day to see if you can detect a pattern. I recommend Gas-X--awesome for bloating and nausea related to bloating and gas. Good luck

Hi there. I haven't been diagnosed with it but my dad has GI issues and IBS-like symptoms so I think it's definitely possible that I do too. Thank you for your help and reassurance.

It sounds like a definite possibility then. It might be helpful to have it checked out! SSRIs are usually recommended when dealing with IBS to help alleviate the anxiety that causes it as well as modifying your diet and making other various lifestyle changes It's an annoying condition, but it is manageable!
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 02-14-2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: spelling error

I have been on SSRIs since I was nineteen (I'm 24 now) but only recently have I had to use klonopin in addition to the Effexor I already take, because my anxiety around germs/being ill as well as social situations has really heightened. Hopefully I can get an appointment with my doctor and talk this through.

Yes, do make an appointment and keep us updated

Hope you are feeling better now! I get that happening to myself these days too...I am just too chicken to go to the doctors lol