Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Is it my time :(?

So today I woke up with the feeling that I shouldn't go to my Spanish class today and, as always, my gut turned out to be right.
    I got to class and the person I sit next to, came in sick saying they felt like they were gonna v* and holding their stomach, hand to their mouth a lot.
    I managed to keep it together better than I thought. I barely shaked, and only a few teary eyed moments. I tried to move my chair as far away as I could manage in a tiny classroom.
    I had to touch some of their papers to pass them in too
    I used hand sanitizer as much as I could and washed my hands when I came back to my room but idk.
    What do you think? Am I gonna catch something ??
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Default Re: Is it my time :(?

I too have been in panic mode all week. The lady I work with (share papers and office) was out Thursday (her child had the sv) then She was out Monday with it. I have washed with soap and water every chance I got and then used hand sanitizer the times I couldn't get to the sink. I have been around her all week since she came back. I have tried not to touch my face and when I have had to I pulled my hand into the sleeve of my shirt before touching my face. Everyone at the office knowes she was sick and NO ONE was worried about it. I feel so strange. I have told everyone about my phobia. No one really understands so they just kind of ignore it.

They didn't v* beside you so don't see how you could catch anything. Just try distract yourself so you don't get too anxious thinking about it.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

I doubt it. You washed your hands and kept them away from your mouth and face so I think you should be in the clear.