Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Panicked and in tears :(

I'm sorry but I don't know what to do with myself.

Admittedly, my IBS has been pretty bad recently, but tonight feels so odd I can't cope.

I was walkign home from work at about 4, and since then, I've had really gross wind (sorry -tmi). I then had a pasta n sauce packet for tea and some Doritos (so unhealthy I know) as I needed something really quick as my OH has a friend coming round any minute now.

I've just got off the loo. It wasn't so urgent as I have experienced before but the PAIN. It shocked me, seriously!

I had really bad wind, followed by 'nuggets' followed by d*. I'm sorry that's so disgusting but it felt horrible.

I came out, and took an anti d* medicine and an anti emetic. But I've got myself all worked up as it felt so horrible. My OH comforted me but his friend will be around soon and I don't want him to meet me for the first time while I'm in and out of the loo and walking around like a looney.

I've hidden myself upstairs with a magazine and the laptop. Please help.

Default Re: Panicked and in tears :(

Oh I'm so sorry you are having a bad time. I too have been in that situation. the fiancee had friends coming over. I just decided that if they wanted to meet me and be my friend too they had to see me "warts and all" lol... I explained to them that I was having a bad reaction to some new medication (the truth) and they would just have to keep excusing me. I was having horrid d* and n* from the medicine. I took a xanax for the "loony" (I was talking crazy fast and just all spazing out) and i took 1/2 a phenergan for the n*. I left the d* alone just to get the medicine out of my system as fast as I could. I hope you feel better soon. And if you can't meet them then the OH can just tell them you aren't feeling well and will meet them at another time.

Thank you for your response.

I really admire you for how you reacted. I'm justacting the 'hermit' as usual. My OH said that a new person coming round could have set my anxiety off? I'm not sure but maybe there is some truth in that. Anixety takes weird forms.

My tummy feels a little bit strange still but at the same time I fancy something sweet.

If I feel rubbish chocolate seems to the only thing that makes me feel better! It's one of my 'safe' foods! Meeting new. People sets my anxiety spiralling without me realising most of the time, feel better soon x