Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OH NO! I have really bad D* is it from the meds or the sv*?? PANIC UGH

So I started zithromax this evening for a double ear infection and bronchitis. Now I have really bad d*... I ate a meat roll up for dinner before taking the meds. Meat roll up was turkey cheese and a tortilla. It was FRESH still in the date and everything... I have taken a xanax and an ambien. I'm still up and super scared. My fiancee has to work tomorrow so i really don't want to wake him. I'm thinking I'm going to have to. My stomach is making awful noises... and cramping really bad... I have phenergan should I take it with the ambien? Will it hurt to do that? HELP PLEASE!

Default Re: OH NO! I have really bad D* is it from the meds or the sv*?? PANIC UGH

I definitely think it's just the antibiotics. Sometimes they can cause diarrhea, but try not to worry. You are not going to get sick. Just keep yourself hydrated so your body can flush the toxins out.

Default Re: OH NO! I have really bad D* is it from the meds or the sv*?? PANIC UGH

I agree ^! Antibiotics can make your stomach do funky things. Take a probiotics 2 hours after/before each dose, if you take the 2 too close together the antibiotic will kill the probiotic. Probiotics are good bacteria in your gut, when you take antibiotics they kill ALL bacteria in your body, the good and the bad. That is why you can get d*, n*, and v* grok antibiotics. My 2 kids and I are/were all on Amit unitive for ear infections and bronchitis just like you. I did the probiotics and none of us (one is even 18 months) got any d*. Although I have found that the first couple days of antibiotics I feel crappy and shaky. It creeps me out but I was so sick and the kids were sick I pushed past it!

I'm better today. Still shaky and a little queasy. Aunt Flow showed up lastnight too. I have TRIPLE whammies going on with my body right now. I have taken a xanax and a compazine this morning. I'm going to eat some toast and take my next antibiotic now so if I get d* again it will be during the day. I seem to feel "safer" during the day.. Part of my emet. It is much much worse in the night.

Oh dear!! This must be a wonderful weekend for you :/ I hope you feel better.

Ok D* is back. Still on the antibiotic. I'm at work...feeling yucky. I want to be home. It is my SAFE zone. I broke down Friday night after being in the bathroom for what felt like forever, and took an Immodium. I am going to try not to take that today. I did call the Dr. and she said that it was OK to take the Immoduim for the d* though. I just hope I can make it home between bouts. I live exactly 32 minutes from my job and that is if there are no wrecks. There is all interstate and fields. There is 1 stop where there is a gas station. I'm scared of public restrooms too... Please wish me luck getting home!