Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question appendicitis or just stubborn gas???

so im avoiding googling since i know its going to make me stress out more.

(normally i sleep on my back but last night i slept on my right side kinda twisted/curled up so im thinking this is just trapped gas)
    okay so this morning i woke up, felt normal but when i rolled onto my back i felt a kinda sharp pain here

and now a general sore feeling all in that area. i also had alot of rumbling/shifting gas that were passing but i still have the pain off and on and its already almost 8pm. its not like debilitating pain it feels more like sore muscles/trapped gas and when i stretch or twist a certain way hurts (not sharp) and the sharp pain is only when the 'gas' seems to be shifting around.
    i called my friend who has had appendicitis and she said that she couldnt really move around and when laying down, had to curl up in a ball because it hurt "soooooooo bad" an when she finnally moved she felt like an old lady. i can walk fine and when i first woke up i felt fine too, if i massage the area it doesnt seem to hurt, it feels like gas moving up or to the left. i dont have a fever or any nausea i just have whatever pain this is and im worried it could be appendicitis (emergency surgery, anethsisia, etc *shudder*)
    "Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul."
    -Max Ehrmann

Default Re: appendicitis or just stubborn gas???

I bet it's just gas. You would probably have other symptoms if it was you appendix.

You would be in severe pain and most likely be vomiting if it was appendicitis. Trust me, you would know if you had it.
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 02-17-2012 at 11:24 PM.

It sounds like gas, for sure. I get this pain a lot; especially when I'm ovulating.

I was going to mention ovulation. That pain is often confused with appendicitis.

Yep, I pretty much confuse the two every month, lol.

Hopefully this clears up by tommrow or my mom is going to take me to the doctors DX
    "Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul."
    -Max Ehrmann

Okay so its day two and the pain is still there, when i was lying down it didnt rly hurt at all and i thought it was gone when i woke up but now that im up and walking around its back..im getting worried that its two days that ive had this now
    -Max Ehrmann

I really think it's just gas pains like the others have mentioned. It can be really painful.

I hope so, im making some chamomile tea to see if it helps
    -Max Ehrmann

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverrCaitlin View Post
    I hope so, im making some chamomile tea to see if it helps
    Do you have Gas-X on hand? That's awesome for what you're experiencing.

I found some Gas-X strips ill take one of those as well
    -Max Ehrmann