Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help me please!

Exclamation Help me please!

So, I have had a pretty good last day and a half. I have had three days off from work and spent some good time with my husband. We went shopping and even out to eat! I still had little issues with touching anything, but I made sure I washed my hands before I ate and didn't touch any doors. It was great! It was my normal life.

Well, today has not been like that. I have started to take Philips Colon Health, I take my vitamins D, B6, and folic (is/was on the baby making path), I take my pepcid for my GERD. Every morning (since I started taking Philips) I wake up every morning with the worst gas. The night before would be heartburn/gassy feelings.

Then, it slowly goes away. I ate two pieces of bread and got some heartburn. So here I am, sitting on my couch, my husband just left for work, there are things that I need to do, but I am worried about my tummy. Probably hungry, right? But I can't get myself to get over the fact that I am fine and there isn't nothing to fear, but fear itself.

I have been great at washing my hands, but freak out when I lick my lips. I have not been around anyone (that I know of) that has had/have the sv*/noro. No one has v* around me or had d* around me. Haven't cleaned any diapers, but I still am freaking out. Food sounds great, but I start to eat, and I can't get through it.

I am driving myself mad and I don't know how I can get through this any more! ARRG!

Default Re: Help me please!

I think the Phillips Colon Health is wreaking a bit of havoc in your stomach. PCH is a probiotic, correct? If that's the case then it is clearing out your system and making way for the good bacteria in your gut. When I started probiotics, I dealt with gas and some bouts of loose stools for the first few days. It will go away in no time!

Do you think that is all it is? Cause I am having loose stools, I wouldn't call it d*, but is isn't normal at all. Ya, it is a probiotic. It is just weird that isn't hitting me until the morning or evening. Not after I take it...it is like...6 hours later. Ugh, I wish my brain would shut off. I would normally take just plain acidophilus, but I liked the fact that PCH would help boost the immune system.

Yes ma'am. I was irregular for about a week or so once I started the probiotics. Don't worry, it's totally normal. It doesn't have to be an immediate effect. When I started I didn't start feeling bloated and gassy until hours after the fact. I really wouldn't stress though!

Thanks. I just want to keep having good days!!!

I feel ya! Just hang in there. Once the probiotics have a chance to do their job, you'll start feeling loads better. Just give it a few weeks.

Thanks. I sure hope so. I love to go to back how I felt...a few months ago!

I promise you will! I wish I had the money to buy more acidophillus. Unfortunately, I'm on a tight budget right now and they're not that cheap.

No, they are not. I have gotten some for $11 for a bottle of...I think 40, but now that I have the PCH with is $16 for a month, I am like...oh poop!

Ugh nothing is that affordable these days. I haven't even restocked my ginger supplements lately either!

Ya, I haven't bought any either...sticking with Altoids since it is cheaper...arrg!!!! The lives of an emet, huh???

Altoids are usually pretty good but sometimes they leave a gaggy feeling in my throat. I like pepp-o-mint Lifesavers-very soothing

Hmm... I should try some of those. I think a big problem other than the wonderful probiotics is that I go too long between eating. My stomach hasn't really "growled" in a while. It just normally just hurts....so I can't get my system to say, hey, we need to eat!

You should! My boyfriend just bought me a gigantic bag for Valentines Day lol. Long intervals in between eating will cause you to feel lousy. Are you hypoglycemic or have any problems with low blood sugar by any chance? I don't remember if you had posted in the hypoglycemia thread or not.

No I don't, but I used to have a big sweet tooth and drank a lot of Mountain Dew, but I don't eat the sweets or had any Mountain Dew for at least....a month now.

Sugar withdrawals perhaps?

I don't know. I just wish there was like a computer that we could go to and know the exact reason why we feel this way!!!