Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Fever Pitch

I just wanted to let everyone know that my friend just warned me about a v* scene in the new movie Fever Pitch with Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon. I didn't want to add it to the movie list yet because I haven't actually seen it to judge it for myself. She said there are no visuals but there are sounds. Apparently she (Drew?) has food poisoning at one point. So, just a heads up for anyone planning on seeing that movie! GO RED SOX!!!

Thanks. I was thinking about seeing that movie. I'm not sure if it is out here yet or not. I'll probably still go see it and just cover my ears when the part comes!

Jess

Thanks for the heads up. When I got the movie Supersize Me I had to leave the room, OMG, that freaked me out!!

Quote Originally Posted by ontariogirl
    Thanks for the heads up. When I got the movie
    Supersize Me I had to leave the room, OMG, that freaked me out!!
    OMG!! Supersize me!! They made us watch that in school! That was the worst day of my life.

Uf! I watched House on Tuesday night and the candidate for president starts feeling woozy and suddenly v*s on a man he is talking to and they showed everything. Even my husband who is not an emet was disgusted!

Stephanie

I just don't understand why so many films and t.v. shows think its entertaining tohave v* scenes. People don't even v* that much in real life!

Nothing will ever beat the movie "Lean on me", I just think of the fat guy and my stomach turns. That was the most disgusting v* scene I saw in my life. I never have to watch that movie again and it will haunt me till I die!!! Edited by: terified girl

Do you mean Stand by Me? I saw Lean on Me, too, but I don't remember any scenes that were bad. The one in Stand By me scared me for years, and then I finally watched it and it was so fake that it didn't even bother me!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

You know, I have seen Stand by ME about 30 times and have NEVER watched the v* scene. I have always closed my eyes or left the room. Thank goodness there isn't much sound effects.

My previous therapist used to talk about Stand By Me ALLLLLLLL the time. He said it would be great exposure. But I'm like, dood, first of all, you just told me there is a v* scene in it, so why would I seek it out? And second, if I did watch it, you've pretty much told me the entire scene about when the fat kid v*s...so I wouldn't watch that part. lol. He, I think, did not understand this phobia... at all. He kept telling me he was going to read about it... but I don't think he ever did. Stupid therpists. ERRR.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't know...I left the room for that part so many times, but when I watched it, it really wasn't that bad! It is soooo unbelievably fake! Maybe you should just try and watch it, and if you think it's bad, then look away? I don't know....I guess only if you want to try gradual exposure. Really, that stuff freaks me out a lot and that one didn't!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Quote Originally Posted by harmonygirl72
    Do you mean Stand by Me? I saw Lean on Me, too, but I don't remember any scenes that were bad. The one in Stand By me scared me for years, and then I finally watched it and it was so fake that it didn't even bother me!

Yes I mixed them up, I always do that!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by realtaken

Uf! I watched House on Tuesday night and the candidate for president starts feeling woozy and suddenly v*s on a man he is talking to and they showed everything. Even my husband who is not an emet was disgusted!

Stephanie

Thank you for telling me that. I was actually just about to watch that episode because I taped it when it was on last week.

I still really want to see Fever Pitch!!!

Okay, I just saw it. I covered my ears during the v* scene (I could still hear well enough to get the pointof the scene and yet not be grossed out.) The scene is actually REALLY funny so I highly watching it because the v* noises only last for a few seconds and then it's well worth watching. So if you are going to actually leave the room, don't leave for too long!

Yea i saw it last night it was a reallly good movie...the v scene is only
    noise and it only lasts a couple seconds plus its really fake...great movie i
    recommed it .
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

I so want to see that movie... I love both Drew and Jimmy, I totally miss him on SNL :O(
    I saw Drew the other night on I think Jay Leno (not sure!) and she was talking about that exact scene and how she's been working hard to perfect her "vomiting" scenes. It was actually really funny to hear her talk about it and it didn't bother me really... it's amazing how non-emets really aren't bothered by it at all, they could talk about it all day and it would be cool with them...

But the noises, esp.knowingthey're fake,don't bother me so much.. so I think I'll see it anyway!

Thanks for the warning though!
    ~Rachel

My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

I seen the movie this weekend and I absolutely loved it! The *v* scene wasn't that bad--I thought it was cute when he was brushing the dog's teeth and she thought she was dreaming!

I would definitely recommend it to anyone--nice little love story!

Jess