Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am wondering if I could have a sv, and I need your guys opinion. It started yesterday. I woke up with the feeling of having d*. I didn't have it though, I actuallly was kind of consipated, and when I did go, it was like rocks. But I was having that gurgling feeling in my guts. So anyway, I started to feel a little bit better, and was even able to eat. So I eventually went grocery shopping and made dinner and was able to eat fine. Dinner was good, and I felt ok. Then about 4 hours after eating my stomach started to hurt. I was not having any nausea, or d*, it was for of just a pain in my stomach. Kind of felt like gas. And when I would pass gas, it was almost like I had to go check myself (sorry, I know that's gross). It was like that too earlier before I ate, but I didn't have the stomach ache. So anyways, my stomach just hurt, and it helped when I laid down and put a heating pad on my stomach. I felt fine otherwise. So I finally fell asleep around 4:30am last night. I woke up this morning, feeling ok, but really tired. I ate breakfeast and lunch, then I took a 3 hour nap. I woke up from the nap feeling extremly nausous which was around 5pm. And it is now 10pm, and I am feeling a little better but it comes and goes in waves. I am even running a low grade fever, and I just am very tired still. So this is where I think I could have something.

My boyfriend went to work today (he went in 6hrs late cause he was up drinking all night last night and he was hungover, but he disagrees), and when I called him around 5pm, he said that his stomach hurt. He said that he wasn't feeling nausous, but that is stomach was just hurting. Then I have been calling him every hour to get an update. He said around 8pm that he felt nausous. And I just got off the phone with him and he says that he feels really gasey, and that when he does pass gas, it feels (again gross, sorry) that he has to check himself. He hasn't pooped all day, and I did eariler, but it again it was like rocks. I am just really scared we have a stomach virus. What do you guys think?? I haven't eaten since noon, and I am a little hungry, but when I think about food, I am scared to eat.

Right now my guts are playing music, and I feel like I am going to have d*, and I have a low grade fever. I am just really scared. Do you think I will v*? Do you think its a sv? I know about 2 days ago, I had a bad pain attack with my kidneys, and when that happens I tend to feel sick, and run a low fever, but I just think its weird that my boyfriend has the same symptoms. But then I think he drank alot last night too. I am just nervous. Please help.

Michele

well, I honestly think its just something you both ate thats not agreeing with you. That doesn't mean you will v at all. welcome to a day in the life of an IBSer hehe. I have gone through MANY MANY days of D and never thrown up once.

I think your fine. you say you have a low grade fever but I'm thinkning you might just be being a bit paraniod... what exaclty is it?

your probably fine, Sv's hit hard and fast, they don't really creep up on you like this is
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

My fever is about 100 degrees. I know I am not imagining that, or being paranoid, I defenitly have a low grade fever. It's been fluctuating up and down all day. I don't think its something we ate, cause we ate different things. I made my own dinner, and he ate something completely different, and we ate at different times.

It could be a virus that is making you feel sick, just take it easy for a while. When I had the stomach virus it came on a lot like that, and to comfort you, I honestly never v'ed at all, just had d' (though I did feel like I had to v' and probably would have if I didn't have compazine)

How are you feeling now Michele? Maybe you have a touch of a virus? You two have the same symptoms and ate different foods. I don't know if you will vomit, probably not, just keep with the heating pad and take something for the nausea. Oh boy let us know how you are feeling ok please