Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Just fed up

Hybrid View

Unhappy Just fed up

Ive posted so many times over past week so Im sorry to post again but I feel so awful I could cry.

Long story short - Ive felt unwell with stomach probs since a couple of weeks before christmas. I have been diagnosd with gastritis and sometimes this flares up but this just seems much worse. Last week I had 2 days off work due to illness. My dr prescribed me a high dose of a combination of antibiotics to treat a possible h pylori infection. I took my last dose 14 hrs ago and yet here I am feeling just as ill as ever and although Im desperately tired everytime I drop off I wake up within a minute feeling like I could v*. Today I developed a bit of a cold, just a sore throat, a bit achy and a headache, but the worse thing is a dry tickly cough which makes me feel like gagging when I cough. I feel like my physical and mental health is taking a real beating lately.

I bought probiotics but am afraid to try them whilst Ive got to work. Ive read on here that people can have reactions to them at first and so I keep putting off trying them. What are the most common side effects?

Im fed up of feeling n* and Im fed up of moaning. Every day is a struggle and Im fed up of fighting what seems like a losing battle

Default Re: Just fed up

sorry you're feeling bad.....i know antibiotics can make me feel badly sometimes.....

maybe your cold symptoms are just from lack of sleep.....do you have any cough drops or throat lozenges to suck on? this should get rid of the tickle. hot tea with honey is also a good cure. i would wait on the probiotics until i felt all better too..

hopefully you can get some good rest and wake up tomorrow feeling all better.
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The only thing that happened to me when I started probiotics was gas and maybe a loose stool for the first few days. But I keep telling myself that I am getting this due to probiotic and calm myself down. I hope you feel better soon!

Today this cold has really hit me. It hurts to talk cos my throat is very sore, my voice is so husky and I have to strain just to sound half human! This stupid cough is just dry and irritating and it hurts my throat each time I cough, my head aches constantly and Im all bunged up. Im feeling really sorry for myself. On the positive side of things I havent felt quite so n* today and I even managed to work a few extra hours cos a co-worker was off and I covered for her.