Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help, I don't know what to do :'(!!

Hello,
    I've never posted on here before but I need some help now. About an hour ago I started getting stomach cramps which lead to diarrhea . Now I am absoloutely petrified that it's going to lead to v*. I dont know what to do or where to put myself.
    About 2 years ago, I was really bad with my emetophobia and I stopped eating. I used to get this about every 3 weeks. Since I got myself back on track I haven't suffered with this since.
    I'm so scared and frightened and I dont see a way out that doesn't lead to the worst situation.
    I feel a full blown panic attack is on the way and I can't stop crying. My partner doesn't really understand all this so he just gets annoyed with me.
    I'd be really grateful if somebody could help me cos I can't ccope on my own. I don't wanna end up in the way I used to be

Default Re: Help, I don't know what to do :'(!!

Hey! Sorry you're having a rough time just now. Could it be something you've eaten that maybe has just aggravated your stomach a bit? Remember there are lots of thing that can cause d* that aren't a sv and don't lead to v*. Maybe try sipping on some water (I like hot water or ginger tea when my stomach's not happy). Also distracting yourself is always a good bet - make your partner watch your favourite girly film! Hope you feel better soon

Thank you for replying to me, you don't realise how much it helped me smile a little bit. I know in my head that it most likely won't lead to v* but every other sense in my body tells me it will. I've researched my symptoms till I have read the same things over and over. My doctors told me its most likely IBS which is probably right. I don't eat enough so it causes this. I don't know where this has come from as I have been feeling really well for months. I guess it always comes back to remind you it's still there lurking in the background.

Yeah IBS is rubbish like that. I have random good spells and then it'll come back to bite me. Am keeping a food diary at the min to see if I can work out what makes it worse but really don't see any pattern (except stress!). You might feel better if you have a bit of something to eat? Don't worry, it's horrible when you've been feeling good and it comes back, but you'll get back on track!