Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Help? Am i really sick?

For the past few days i've been feeling like i wanna throw up. My friend slept over my house and before she was sick throwing up a lot and her mom was sick as well, but my friend slept over my house anyway. But after she left at night it felt like someone punched me in the throat. It was really uncomfortable and the area around my cheekbone the muscels felt tight like as if i was gagging. The feeling kinda went away.

But for the past few days i've been having this annoying feeling of being sick. My throat feels strange yet i haven't really gotten a belly ache except for now. In my throat it also feels like something warm is there and so i keep swallowing. Oh, also i'm still eating properly

Am i actually coming down with something or is it just me stressing over it? (I also have anxiety)

Default Re: Help? Am i really sick?

I definitely think your discomfort is due to your anxiety. Some members here will tell you they often experience what we've termed as, 'throat nausea' when they are particularly anxious. I definitely do not think you are ill.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    I definitely think your discomfort is due to your anxiety. Some members here will tell you they often experience what we've termed as, 'throat nausea' when they are particularly anxious. I definitely do not think you are ill.
    What do you mean? Throat Nausea?

It's described as a gaggy feeling in your throat but true nausea is more often than not felt in the stomach. You won't vomit from that! It helps to suck on mints or ginger candies if you have any.