Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Miserable

Hybrid View

Default Miserable

Hey guys,
    Ive been suffering from emetophobia for about 18 or 19 years, im 24 now. For the past couple of years my emetophobia has been alright, just bouts of n* here and there. But now its back and in full force. My mom passed away 3 months ago and since then i have switched anti depressants. Im on wellbutrin now and it is making me so so so n*. Ive only been on it for 2 weeks now so im thinking my body has to get used to it but it is absolute torture. That combined with noro season and that horrible virus going around is driving me nuts. I'm constantly dizzy and n* and it is making me miserable. Im so sick of feeling like this and I just want it to end. My mother was the only one who understood my emetophobia and now shes gone. Im just in a horrible place.

Default Re: Miserable

I'm truly sorry about your mother's passing. I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like. I unfortunately do not really know what I can say except that I am here for you if you ever need to talk. Losing a loved one never gets easier. I lost my grandma this past August and although it wasn't a surprise because of her age, she was like my second mother. She always took care of me when I was younger and we just had a really strong bond. I still find myself fighting back tears some nights because I miss her so much.

I know anti depressants can cause nausea but it's not a long term effect. It usually goes away within a few weeks and then you should start to feel much better. I know you feel like you've hit rock bottom, but keep your head up. I know how much it sucks when life throws us curveballs but it really does only make us stronger. Hang in there, it gets better.

I am so sorry to hear about your mother's passing! It is so hard to loose someone that close to you!

As for the feeling awful, do you feel better in the morning or before you take the Wellbutrin? I know when I took it, or tried to, I would be fine before taking it and then about 30 minutes after taking it, I would just feel so n* and not feeling well at all! They ended up switching me off the meds and onto Lexapro!

This year has been bad for me too with the noro/sv* going around. I would just have my mini freaks about something getting sick or the random not feeling well myself, but this year, wow, I have turned into someone TOTALLY different then I used to be! How long have you been on your old meds (before Wellbutrin)? I know that part of my problem (with the help of my therapist) is the fact that I came off my Lexapro about three months ago and I am now "function without" my meds (since it takes a quite a few weeks to get out of your system). So, I have to go back on a low dose (trying to pregnant) and then get switched to something safer.

Do you see a therapist or anything? Keep your chin up!

Quote Originally Posted by dipbomb View Post
    Hey guys,Ive been suffering from emetophobia for about 18 or 19 years, im 24 now. For the past couple of years my emetophobia has been alright, just bouts of n* here and there. But now its back and in full force. My mom passed away 3 months ago and since then i have switched anti depressants. Im on wellbutrin now and it is making me so so so n*. Ive only been on it for 2 weeks now so im thinking my body has to get used to it but it is absolute torture. That combined with noro season and that horrible virus going around is driving me nuts. I'm constantly dizzy and n* and it is making me miserable. Im so sick of feeling like this and I just want it to end. My mother was the only one who understood my emetophobia and now shes gone. Im just in a horrible place.
    Hi, I have suffered with emetophobia since I can remember, my mom just recently moved cities, she is now 10 hours away from me, she is also the only person that understands my phobia. Her move sent me into a major depressiona and my doctor put me on wellbutrin, I also had the constant n* and also terrible dizziness and fainting, it eventually got so bad that I refused to leave the bathroom for fear that I would vomit, I stopped eating completely.. I felt like I was living in a panic attack, so I stopped taking the wellbutrin and spoke to another doctor who told me that wellbutrin is actually known to increase anxiety and agitation. Perhaps chat to your doctor and see whether it really is the best thing to be on? I know for me personally it was one of the worst times of my life. It is 2 months later and I'm still battling to leave the house really sorry to hear about your mom!

thanks everyone for all of your responses and support. today has been ok for me, better than yesterday. i hear that wellbutrin causes anxiety and agitation, im going to give it a month and see what happens. if my body hasnt gotten used to it by then then thats it im done. i used to be on zoloft and i remember for the first 3 or 4 weeks my n* was OUT OF CONTROL and then it subsided as my body adjusted. i just wish i didn't have this fear, its absolutely crazy. i almost feel paralyzed you know?