Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What happens if I stop?

I know this may sound really stupid but right now it's incredibly important to me! I have been taking metazapine for nearly 2 weeks now, it's has been really difficult for me to take but I have forced myself, every night through the panic and stuck at it but I just don't think I can do it anymore. Over the past few days I have felt myself getting gradually worse, my anxiety has gone through the roof, I am so on edge and jumpy it almost feels like there is something under my skin, I don't seem to have any control over the thoughts I have and I feel like I am constantly on the edge of just falling apart. I spoke the the person who does my CBT today (I tried my GP but no luck there) who said that sometimes, when you start taking it, it can make you feel this way and a little bit worse than you were before but that I should try and get to my GP (who I can't see till next week) as they should increase the dosage which should have less side effects. I am FREAKING out at that idea, I have had to fight soooo hard with myself to take the dosage I have and it's exhausting, I honestly feel like if they increase it I simply won't be able to cope. I don't have to take it for another 4 hours but I am already so wound up, shaking, stressed at the idea of it. My therapist said that I couldn't just stop taking it but I was desperately wondering if someone could shed some light on what would happen if I did? I have only been taking it for 9 days and only 15mg a night so does that mean that I would already have side effects if I stopped?
    Im sorry this is such a long post but today I feel like I have had more than I can take, I can't stop crying and am SO angry at myself for being beaten again, but I really don't feel like I can go on either as I am or as I was before and I need some help but just don't know where to turn

Default Re: What happens if I stop?

Try to stick with it. I am on Zoloft, and it took me a little while to adjust, but I DID adjust!

Default Re: What happens if I stop?

There are some medications that you cannot just stop. I am not sure what would happen with this medication. You should talk to your doctor and see what your doctor tells you.
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.