Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: am i doomed?

Exclamation am i doomed?

So I went to work today kind of feeling better. It was beautiful weather, Thurday night which means party in college, and i had my room to myself this weekend with only one class left to make it through tomorrow. I just saw the person i work with yesterday and they seemed fine but today as i went they seemed okay. We unpacked everything, got set up, and i ate some chips. I used hand sanitizer out of habit before the chips but then they told me not to sit so close because they were getting sick. We touched some of the same things and i ate the chips. I only know one sickness going around right now. Could this be it?
    UPDATE: One of my roommates just said she wasn't feeling good today. I am freaking out. If I wake up to her v* in the middle of the night I am going to lose it. I can't handle this anymore. I can't stand living with this fear anymore. It is so horrible :'(
    Am i doomed to get it now because we're in such close quarters and everything? Freaking out
    Last edited by BabyAsh; 02-23-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Default Re: am i doomed?

I think you are fine. Did ther person say they thought they were gitting sick as in a sv* or just they felt sick in general? There are lots of sinus issues going around here right now. The weather flipping back and forth is so crazy. Just like today we had 83 degree weather! Do you have any anti anxiety meds? If not do you have any benadryl? The Benadryl will help to calm you down some. Also, do you share a bathroom with your roommates? If so then get a can of Lysol and just go in spraying everytime you have to go to the bathroom... Anytime I'm around someone with a sv* I have used Lysol.

I know. There have been a lot of sinus issues too...my friend Kyle felt bad yesterday because of them as well.
    I don't have any anti-anxiety meds but I'm trying to get some. I have Benadryl but being 21 I've already had a few to drink :/ So I doubt they would mix well.
    I do share the bathroom with them. There's 4 of us seperated by the bathroom. She's on the other side of the bathroom (the sick one). I haven't heard her coughing or sneezing or anything so I doubt it's sinus's
    I have 2 cans of Lysol. I go through them like water.

Me too. I LOVE Lysol. I'm not sure the drinks and benadryl would work well together either.. You are brave on that though, I'm terrified to drink alcohol. I will have 1 drink and that is it. Also if they do feel sick to their stomach it could still be sinus issues. When mine drain, they start "quietly" (I don't realize it) and it drains straight to my stomach. I then feel yucky and n*.. I had a double ear infection and didn't even know it. They put me on an antibiotic. I have had n* and d* all weekend. But I haven't been around anyone with a sv* so I know it isn't that. But I have been in total panic. Xanax has been my closest friend all weekend. I'm trying to think of something you can take but I wouldn't trust anything with alcohol....
    I'm sorry you are going through this. Also I'm in awe of you as you are living with roommates! Again, I'm not that brave. I have lived with one roommate and that was just for a few months. I couldn't take the panic and risk and had to move back in with my mom and dad! Then I lived with my ex husbands mom and dad for a bit... couldn't do that either! WE then moved into my parents house until we got our own! Now I have issues even spending the night off...

Yea, I'm terrified constantly that one of them will get something. I do drink pretty well but it's only because I stop when liquor or beer starts to make me the slightest bit queasy although I can handle alcohol pretty well so it can take a lot.&nbsp;<br>I do like it because when it puts me to sleep, a bulldozer couldn't wake me up letalone someone v*.&nbsp;<br>It relaxes me too so I guess it's like a drug lol.

I drink one and drink benadryl and I'm always fine, it doesn't upset my stomach at all.. I even have taken with chinese drinks and I'm fine.. id be more worried about taking motrin or something that is sometimes known to upset your stomach, but I've done that also and never v from it.

I just shook hands with a sick person though and am freaking out. I've accepted my doom and told people to stay away and Idk how to avoid it anymore

usually when people say they are getting sick and eating chips its not an sv..but maybe a sore throat or something. im sorry about your roommate, are you sure she just didnt drink too much?

Yea. She's under 21 but she's not a drinker anyway.