Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation loss of appetite

Another day freaking out.... So my boyfriend and I decided on subway, so i got the subs. I ate half of my footlong. Then after a little while took a bit of the second and found I had NO appetite at all. Thats a little weird for me. Now im terrified that its the first sign of the S.V. Is that true for any of you? Most people i talked to said it starts with v and d. I wash my hands before I eat, always, and I rarely touch my face before washing my hands. Do you think I have the s.v.?

Default Re: loss of appetite

Do you have any other systems?

PRobably not. Usually once the symptoms start they progress pretty quick, so if nothing has gotten worse, or you dont have any other symptons, I think you are fine! Not having an appetite is not necessarily a symptom. Some days I have a big appetite, some days I dont.

i feel like that when i eat to fast. next time take some breaths between bites and chew about 20 times before swallowing. downing half foo long sub is sure to make your stomach say thats enough! its not the beginning of a virus so dont stress
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

This exact same thing has happened to me before with a Subway foot long! I got worried too, but nothing came of it. The subs are just more filling than we think, I believe!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I can only ever manage about half!

You ate half a footlong! I wouldn't find it surprising at all if you were feeling full! I do understand you though, I go through this a lot. If you were hungry before you started thats a good thing. I'm sure your fine though. We always over react with the slightest things. Loss of appetite can be caused by SO many other things as well, for example having a bad headache or a cold/flu or sometimes when people are menstruating. It varies for everyone obviously but I'm just saying, don't rule it down to one thing, that's only going to make you focus on it and get a bit anxious. I hope your okay and I hope everything is going well. Enjoy the time with your boyfriend. All the best. x.