Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: so scared...

Exclamation so scared...

3 different people around me have a stomach virus. My phobia is bad enough that, 1 - I am scared to death that I will get it, and 2 - I have been in a panic attack ever since my fiance came home from work telling me that he had been sick while he was at work. My mom got sick 7-8 times last night, and my sister was violently ill this evening.

I ate breakfast this morning before I knew he was sick...but that was 10 and a half hours ago...my stomach hurts and I'm nauseous...and i can't make it go away...

I am very sorry. I am new here, but I am in crisis mode. I don't know where else to turn. Nobody else in my family or my friends understand that I am going through.

Default Re: so scared...

Trust me when I say I know exactly what you're going through and I'm pretty sure I can speak for everyone else here and say that they do as well. You are not alone and I know how much it sucks when it feels like everyone around you is dropping like flies. That being said, it does not mean you will become infected as well. Wash your hands and do your best to keep them away from your face but don't go overboard. I am sure you can avoid it. Just try and keep your anxiety at bay because as I'm sure you know, that only adds fuel to the fire. I am sure the anxiety is why you feel nauseous. Take a hot bath/shower or read or watch a funny, uplifting movie You'll get through it.

Thanks. I ended up finally falling asleep...woke up with a fever, body aches, and chills...which is the rest of what my mom had...while my fiance was v*, I had some pretty nasty d*, which lead me to be severely dehydrated. Thankfully i was actually craving water, which i don't normally do, but it helped dramatically.

Which means today, my birthday, i get to lay around lol

I'm sorry I was sick on my 18th birthday, it sucks!!! Happy birthday though!! I am glad you are feeling a bit better!
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

hope you are feeling better, and maybe you got just those other symptoms with it