Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sister is throwing up and I have to watch her?! Complete panic mode! Help!!

So this morning my sister v'ed once in the bathroom while I was changing for school. I went to school and just ignored it. We had a half day today so I got home really early to learn she had v'ed about 5 times since then Nd I have to watch her! The last time I watched her while she was sick she v'ed all over the bathroom and I ran into my room and locked myself there! Because of my emet I started panicking and I locked myself in my room. My mom leaves at 2:30 and my dad gets here about 3:00 or 3:30. I'm so scared! What do I do if she getS sick? I cannot be around her! I freeze up! And if I lock myself in my room what will I do if something had were to happen?! I'm so scared! I feel like a freak I has having emet! It ruins everything! What do I do?!"

Default Re: Sister is throwing up and I have to watch her?! Complete panic mode! Help!!

Try and take a few deep breaths....and keep your hands clean.

I hope you feel better soon!! Taking care of a sick loved one isn't easy for us. Just hope for the best. Not sure where you live, but its 3pm here now...so hopefully your "relief" will come soon!

Default Re: Sister is throwing up and I have to watch her?! Complete panic mode! Help!!

It's 2. My mom has to leave for work at 2:45 and my dad doesn't get home til about 3.

Hope you got through alright? X

How are things now?

i understand your fears...at the sight of v on the floor i start shaking and panic and must leave the area...i always thought i was the only one and was ashamed of it.

Quote Originally Posted by joendavid View Post
    i understand your fears...at the sight of v on the floor i start shaking and panic and must leave the area...i always thought i was the only one and was ashamed of it.
    I am the EXACT same way. JUST mentioned how I felt about it to my mother this morning on the phone, expecting a giggle and something like "nah, you're fine. You just think it's nasty like everyone else. You aren't afraid of it..." but she was actually really supportive and told me that she thought I had it, but didn't want to push me into believing it. She said I'd do better finding out on my own or talking to my therapist about it.

But anyway, I digress.

How are you doing now, taylormonsterrr? I can't even imagine being put into that position I'd freak out and cry....not sure if I could be of any help to anyone I'd be 'watching.' Hope to hear it's all better now and you pulled through!

oh i understand your panic. but theres a big chance you cant catch it. watching her be sick wont make you sick. do not put your hands in your mouth whaever the reason and be vigilant with your hand washing. comfort her and take a deep breath and ask her if shes feeling better. how old is she? is she dealing with it well. some people ca take good care of themselves when their sick and it doest seem to worry them so much. when shes feeling ok, tell her to go lay down in her room and just stay away from the bathroom. your doing prety well to be dealing with this
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.