Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default new here and need your support =[

Hi everyone! My name is Jessica, and I have been an emetophobe for about 2 years now. I am currently terrified of the norovirus that seems to be everywhere. I have a little problem today.
    I went to my friends house on Monday afternoon and I was so proud of myself for hanging out with people for once! Well, I just found out after that same friend did my hair on Wednesday evening, her son v* about 3 times, but then felt better. Now tonight, her daughter is v* non-stop even after anti-nausea meds. Well, my husband worked with her husband today and I just found out that he has been feeling n* all day, and I know my husband probably shook hands with him or something, and was driving one of his trucks and didn't wash his hands at all because he's not concerned about germs like I am. I'm so scared that now it's just inevitable for me to get it, or someone in my house. I am on the verge of tears because I'm so over this stupid phobia and I just want to know that I'm going to be okay! My babyshower is tomorrow, and I've been looking forward to it so much, and now I'm scared I'm going to be sick =[

Default Re: new here and need your support =[

I'm sure that it you keep your hands clean you will be ok. Even if your husband does get it make sure you keep clean take your vitamins and if you can use a different bathroom than him.

We only have one bathroom. But he said that he didn't have any contact with him, so I'm hoping we are safe!

It's not inevitable so try not to think you're doomed! I think you are safe Just keep up with basic hygiene and you'll be just fine
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.