Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy So close to being over it...

Hi, everyone. I haven't posted in such a long time. I think the last time I posted was about a year and a half ago..? I'm not sure.
    That's because I felt like I'm slowly getting over this phobia. And looking back now, I'm a lot better about emet than I was last year or a couple years ago. :) I'm not having as many panic attacks. And I've been around a couple people who v*d and didn't panic, not even a little bit. I'm not freaky-careful about washing my hands before eating anymore, and other small things like that. I feel like my life has changed since back then. I'm actually really happy about this :)

But now, I ate some Chinese food from Panda Express at the mall, and my stomach hurts so bad and I just had d*, and I feel n*. And I'm starting to panic again. Not really bad, but my hands are shaking and I'm scared I'm gonna v* and what might happen if I do, and just gjfdkgkdshlsl. I feel like shit, to put it bluntly. :3

I'm so close to beating this phobia, but I'm so close to panicking and losing it, and I think I feel another panic attack coming on, my first one in a veeery long time and I really need someone to tell me I can do this because I'm not sure if I can anymore
    I'm panicking guys, help

Default Re: So close to being over it...

You will be ok no matter what and you can get though this. It sounds like you have made so much progress!

Well done!! That must be a fantastic feeling and you have every single right to be happy! So smile away!! Don't be too concerned about feeling ill from the Chinese food. That upsets my stomach a bit every time I eat it because it's so 'heavy' and greasy. I don't think you're going to vomit, but maybe you will feel better if you have a few TUMS. Those usually do the trick for me, or pepto. I hope you feel better and just keep the victory in sight. You're doing so well!
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Thank you guys so much! This means a lot. c:
    I did have some pepto, but it's not working D:
    And now my stomach is making these weird grumbling noises and I feel bloated but I'm still keeping myself calm. I'm calm, but shaking a bit. Ugh, hopefully this ends soon. I'm never eating Panda Express again.

Well, I think it could just be the anxiety talking right now. I still do not think you will vomit so just try and do something relaxing I know it's so much easier said than done, but you've come so far and you can easily get through this!
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I'm drawing right now, hopefully that'll take my mind off it...
    I think it might be the anxiety coming back, but I still feel n*. I hate this :c
    Thanks so much for your help!

Drawing is great for distraction if only I had some artistic talent...haha
    Anytime! Just take it easy for the rest of the night.
    My shadow

Just because you ate the Panda Express doesnt mean thats the culprit. You could just be experiencing some anxiety. Its probably worse this time because it has been so long for you. Congratulations by the way on being so strong. you will still overcome this. Do you have any antiemetics around? pepto always makes my stomach even more angry. Maybe its just talking to ya. Have you tried some ginger tea? Its a bit strong but it helps settle the stomach. triple leaf makes a ginger tea.
    How are you feeling now? How long have you been having the D? and how long have you been N? Maybe if you dont V after about an hour or so you will be ok. I hope you feel better! I will be on for awhile if you need more support.

I'm pretty sure the Panda Express is what did it, I just feel so bad right now, like extremely n*
    I can't even type well I'm trembling so hard
    My hands are freezing
    i'm having another panic attack, fuck, it's been so long.
    i just had really bad d*. I dont' have any antiemetics, or tea, because I felt like i didn't need them anymore because I thought I was pretty much over it. I can make cinammon tea, though, but I'm not sure if that would help.
    I really feel like i'm gonna v* though and it's terrifying me.
    oh god, I thought i was done with this already, I can't type

oh god my stomach hurts so bad and i feelso nauesous i don't jnow what to sdo

Take a minute to just collect yourself. I am SURE that this is all anxiety. I always get bad diarrhea when I'm anxious. I really think you are going to get through this just fine. I promise you!
    My shadow

Okay I'm calmning down, but I'm still shaking a bit
    And I've been anxious a few times before this [but not this bad], and this is the first time I've reacted like this. I really think its the Chinese food, I can taste it because I keep burping.
    My stomach hurts oh gosh.

Indigestion my dear!! Gets the best of us sometimes! You are going to be fiiiiine. Fine! Keep us updated!
    My shadow

Oh, I forgot about indigestion! That makes sense!
    well my stomach still hurts really bad, and I still feel n*. And I'm still trembling.
    fgnjkdfbgjsdg thanks so much for helping me!

See It's easy for us to become confused about different stomach discomforts! Just keep telling yourself that you will be ok. Say it aloud if it helps. I do it all the time and you know what? It actually helps a TON!
    My shadow

Okay, I'm doing that now. And it kind of is helping c:

Good job
    My shadow

oh god it got worse again, and my stomach just htr's so much and i cna;t stop shaking oh my gosh whuy cna't this just stop already i hate htis

Just keep focusing on keeping the panic at bay. You can do this. I know you can! You've done it before and this time is no different.
    My shadow

i'm not sur ei f i can i feel so sick

Look at it this way, if you were going to vomit, I am absolutely certain you would have by now!
    My shadow

Take some deep breaths! You can actually make yourself feel sick when you are having an attack, I know I do. Ive learned that nausea is like 90% in the mind. Put a wet towel on the back of your neck, and count to 20 slowly. The good news is that it is Chinese food, so in an hour you'll be hungry again (LOL, sorry, couldn't resist) Your stomach/intestine are gurgling from the diarrhea. Mine always do when I have it. It seems really scary because you haven't had a panic attack in a long time. I know when I get them regularly I am kinda used to it, so even though they are scary, I recognize them and calm down easier. But when I go a long time between them, I tend to freak out because it had been so long since I had one. Im sure your tummy may be a little upset, but I think all the pain and nausea is from getting yourself worked up. (I do it to myself all the time!)

Thanks so much, everyone! I tried to go to sleep after my panic attack was over, but I was so nauseous I couldn't fall asleep until around 4:30 AM. Needless to say, I'm really tired today :3
    It turns out it was the Chinese food, because the chicken was undercooked. Never eating at Panda Express ever again. My stomach is still cramping today, but the nausea is mostly gone. My mom got me some chamomile tea and I'm drinking it now, it's working wonderfully.
    Thanks for your support, guys, it means a lot.