Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

For those of you who have been following along, and for those of you who wanted me to let you know how my little cancer buddy, Rachel, is doing, she still needs serious prayers... and in all actuality, at this point in time, she needs a miracle.

Rachel, her mother, and her father had to make the very tough decision yesterday whether they wanted to let Rachel die, or place her on a ventilator. After much discusion, they decided to place her on the ventilator for now. There is no guarantee that she will ever come off of it... or that she will ever get to go home again.

She and her mother came home from LA after being there for only three weeks and Rachel's condition is deteriorating very quickly. One of the tumors in her lungs has grown so much that it's blocking her breathing and that's why she was placed on the machines.

They need tons of prayers and support right now and though they know that their daughter's life is in God's hands completely... that doesn't make losing a child any easier. Please stop by, sign their book, or just offer thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine the pain they are feeling right now... cancer is horrible...

Thanks again,

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Rachel that just breaks my heart. Hearing and seeing young ones go through this just rips my heart out. I will send my prayers to this little girl and her family. You know in Toronto we have the Hospital for Sick Children it is a very well known hospital and my friends daughter was there for a rare cancer in her arm and thank god they have it all though the chances of it coming back is 98%, but while I was there I saw so many children going through the battle of their lives. I signed up for being a sponser, I pay 15$ a month and that goes towards technology, or anything else to help those kids. I am thinking of you and this little girl.

Gosh...That breaks my heart!

Lots and lots of prayes for Rachel [img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img](is there 3 Rachels?)

That is really sad. I hope she is not in pain at least?

best thoughts for her and all the luck

Aww, that is so sad! She and her family are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I realized that I forgot to put her link up this time... so it's below...
    http://www.caringbridge.org/mn/rachelhansen/

Also... Rachel's 5th birthday is April 20th... and I know her family would SO appreciate it if (now, orin a day or two)you could all sign her book wishing her a very HAPPY, peaceful, painfreebirthday. I just hope this one will be filled with wonderful memories and beautiful moments for them.

blood_tears ~ to answer your question... Rachel had been doing well and showing no signs of how bad her disease was getting until just a few weeks ago when she started experiencing some pain and other symptoms. In cancer patients, especially children, when this point comes the main goal is to keep them as painfree as absolutely possible and trust me when I say thatall methods are exhaustedin doing so. So I'm sureRachel isin some pain, but hopefully they are controling it well and it is minimal.

Madisonsmom ~ I'm a Rachel... and the little girl's name is Rachel (I've written about her several times)... so that might be throwing some people off. Sorry if I confused anyone... but thank you for your prayers

and thanks to everyone else as well... As always, I'll keep you all updated.

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Hi Rachel

I went on the site and wished the little one a Happy Birthday. I wasn't sure but I will check again, is there an address that I could mail her a card with a little something for her? If I can't find it could you please let me know the address either on the post or PM me please.

Thanks

Rhonda

Rhonda,

That was so sweet of you... I know her family will greatly appreciate it...

as for the mailing address, the one listed on the site (it's kind of difficult to spot) is below.
    Thanks again... you guys are great!
    ~Rachel

Mailing address for cards & gifts:
    Rachel's Road
    Box 51
    Webster, MN 55088

My journal

wink

Unknown

Thankyou I will be doing that tomorrow, I am hoping that it gets there this week, you know how the postal system is!!

I mailed a card off to your little buddy this morning with a little something in the card. I hope she gets it this week.

Thank you Rhonda... that was so very sweet of you. I'm sure you will help to make her day so special:O)

And thanks to everyone else who's IM'd me asking questions about how I got involved with SharetheLove.org and Rachel's site.

To answer a few questions I've recieved,
    ~What is Rachel's current condition...
    As far as I know at this point in time Rachel is in the hospital, on a ventilator, and recieving chemotherapy. Though no one is giving up on her... and we're all still praying for a miracle here on earth... her family strongly believes in God and they believe that he has the final say and they trust him with their child. Only God can make that final choice for Rachel... pray that no matter what that choice may be... that God let Rachel's time here be filled with peace and love and no suffering.

~Do you know Rachel personally, or have you met her?
    No, I do not know Rachel personally... but I do FEEL like I "know" her well. I've been her adoptive buddy through share the love for almost two years now and through that I've fallen in love with this beautiful little angel and her story. She really is one ofthe sweetest, most precious children and if you visit her site you'll know why. She has a smile that will melt your heart and a courage that far surpasses that of most adults. She's amazing!

~How can I get involved?
    If any of you are looking to get involved with the Share The Love program, it is a wonderful cause and I highly recommend at least trying it out. All they ask of you when you become an adopter is to visit the site once a week or so and leave positive and encouraging messages in the guestbook. Any additionalaid you can offer is totally up to you. Be forewarned though that it can be heartbreaking at times and I've spent many nightsin tears after finding out one of my little ones isn't doing well, but I can definitely say that the benefits have far outweighed the sadnesses and that if you can make just one child orfamilyhave a brighter day then you have done your part.

And the last thing that I want to add... even though I know that none of you would do anything like this... but I was asked toadd this when inviting new people to the sites,is that Caringbridge has had some problems recently with rude, ignorant and completely inconsiderate posters who are leaving less than plesant messages in some member'sguestbooks. Any inappropriate comments will be removed and may result in an individual's inability to gain access to any of the CB sites... please remember that these families are inviting you into their lives and you are a guest to their site... so keep it kind and polite... Like I know you will :O)

That being said... I know you are all great people and we have nothing to worry about there... so thanks again for your wonderful responses... y'all are the best!

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Unknown

I am looking into this. If I can make a child smile that makes my day. Rachel you are a fantastic person with a heart of gold!!