Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've noticed that recently, all of the SV outbreaks I've heard about have occurred in the North. Anyone know if this is because of the cold weather? I haven't heard a thing about people coming down with SV down here, and it has been warm since mid-March. Think it is the weather or have I just been lucky? Any fellowe Southerners with SV news???

I don't know. Where I live I haven't heard anything about sv. That is really wierd because I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone and the gossip gets around. Thank god I haven't caught anything although about 3 years ago on April 26th I caught the sv and had it for 3 awful days

I dont know either. I live in the Middle Atlantic area and we generally have ourbreaks from January through April. We are in the end parts of a rotavirus outbreak. yuck!

I know that outbreaks do tend occur in colder months. I want to move south for the winter[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I am just worried because I have not heard anything in awhile and I don't want to get too comfortable and forget to be careful. Our big outbreak was in January and I haven't heard much since.

I live in Florida and gauge the sv season by my little girls school, if it is going around there..I decide it is time to freak out and go over the top with anti bacterials etc.

So far so good since the end of March. I will say a friend of ours said she kept her little boy home because 7 kids in his class were vomiting, but theu thought it was food related.

I thinkI hope I really really hope we are reaching the end of this sv season. I don't want to be caught off guard but I think the odds are in our favor these days.

Good luck.

Jennifer

hippybamagirl, I know what you mean when you typed 'you don't want to get too comfortable and forget to be careful'. I have caught myself not be caring, than thinking oh no will I catch something but haven't.