Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Help! the image wont go...

So i was at my fiances parents for tea, and they put the rugby on...
    a man was spitting quite alot...and i thought ew...
    but then he v* and it was such a shock...
    i went outside and had a panic attack. His mum gave me a paper bag to breathe into and it helped me to calm down. But it was horrible.
    I havent had a pannic attack like that in a long time, as i havent seen anyone be s* for ages.
    Im usually not too bad when i hear it on tv, well i usually avoid all the programs which i think will have s* in, but that particualar one made me really panic, the image just stuck in my brain
    Now im worried about watching tv, about flicking the channels in case i see it again. i will now avoid the rugby.
    My dad had football on yesterday and i was worried about that.
    Its all i can think about and the image is still in my head, i begin a slight panic when i think about it but i cant help it
    how can i make the image go from my head?????

Default Re: Help! the image wont go...

Ugh, that sucks. I experienced something similar a few times. Witnessing people v* in public and the image becoming stuck in my head......it's really awful to think about. The only advice I can give, which is kind of a unoriginal answer, is to just try to get your mind off of it. I know it's easier said than done but try to do something that you like to do....read, watch t.v., sing, exercise....whatever works. Eventually the image will stop haunting you, I promise. You just need to try and get it out of your head for the time being by occupying your mind with something else.

I would also suggest meditating if you know how. It would really help you clear your mind.

Good luck