Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ruled by Fear blog

I don't know if this will help anyone. But the therapist I am seeing deals mainly with anxiety and phobias. He's been in the field for nearly 40 years. He has a blog and coaches an online support group (I haven't checked that out yet), but I do find the blog a very interesting read. It isn't necessarily about emetophobia, but I do see how they all sort of relate. I do usually end up taking something away from each post I read. Actually, the most recent one has a little paragraph about me specifically (the emetophobia story), but it's very general and probably relates to all of us.

His blog is called ruled by fear (at ruledbyfear.com), so it should come up if you search for that. I wasn't sure if I could post a link, since I just read in the previous post about a blog, and they weren't allowed to post a direct link on this site.

Default Re: Ruled by Fear blog

I just checked it out and it is very interesting, with lots of great points...thanks for the info.

I agree, thanks for sharing!
    emetophobia shmemetophobia! -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you so much for sharing this...do you happen to know about how much he costs to work with online? I am really interested in this...

His online coaching forum is at onestepatatime.com and it's free. I don't know too much about how it works. I assume it's a forum similar to this, but there is a timeframe on Sunday nights when he is on. There's also a little blurb on the site that says he offers personal coaching sessions over the phone for $75/hr and $40 for each half hour. I see him in his office, and luckily I have very good insurance that covers most of it.

I do find the information behind the phobia very interesting, and it's been very eye opening for me. But it's the exposure therapy I really need help with, and so far he's just been having me do it as homework and hasn't been involved much with it. That's the part I was really hoping I could find someone to work with me on. But maybe we'll get there eventually.
    Last edited by DMT; 02-28-2012 at 08:22 AM.

thats really interesting - thanks for posting