Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help ASAP, can caffeine do this?

The past week I've had way more coffee than usual, like twice a day almost everyday. Last night my stomach had a burning sensation in it and i felt nauseous, but fell asleep and it passed I guess. In the morning I woe up and had the same feelng but was so exhausted that I had to get coffee. I got 2 cups today. After my 2nd cup my stomach started burning again, but I was starving so I had a snack. I just feel this burning feeling like discomfort with a little n* and I just got d*, so I'm freaking. Could this just be a caffeine overload?? Or a sv*.. Any opinions please!!

Default Re: Help ASAP, can caffeine do this?

I'd say from the coffee. I don't personally drink it but I know people who do and get that often. Also, not sure what you put in it but the sugar could get you. Having more then usual. I'm sure your ok!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Definitely sounds like caffiene side effects. Coffee can be a killer on your stomach, specially if you aren't used to lots of it. Trust me, I drink coffee like a maniac and have for over the past 15 years, and it still gives me trouble from time to time.
    Doesn't sound like SV*, especially if you were starving earlier. Try substituting your coffee tomorrow for tea if you need caffiene....tea can be a little easier on the belly
    Plus, too much coffee when you aren't used to it will only amp you up, which doesn't help the anxiety either!
    Feel better and don't worry

Caffeine relaxes your esophageal muscles so you can get indigestion/heartburn/reflux easily, especially if you have it too late in the day. I have to restrict myself to one coffee, in the morning only for the exact same reason.

Caffeine is known for causing digestive issues, particularly d* and IBS symptoms. But decaf can have the same effect.

Try cutting down to one coffee in the morning and after you've had breakfast (or with) and see if this helps.

Definitely the coffee. My nutritionist recommended that I never consume it lol. It messes with your bowels :/
    The past is only the future with the lights on;
    quit crying your eyes out, & baby come on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yeppers, its that coffee. im a coffee nut, love it, drink way too much of it. it always makes me d, like every morning, and gives me horrible ab pains and gas, why oh why do i keep coming back for more? the burning is from the coffee acid overload, and when i get that, i then try to always eat with my coffee, that helps. try adding a bit of cream to your coffee, that helps coat everything, and limit your coffee intake (of course)

Thankyou guys! Definitely calmed my nerves ..I'll try and cut
    down for sure!

Yeah it's probably the coffee. Maybe try to cleanse yourself by stopping the coffee for a week (and after that just having 1 cup a day or maybe 3 or 4 a week) and drinking lots of water. You can have a lemon water when you wake up. It's basically a cup of water with a tablespoon of lemon juice. It's alkalising for the body and is fantastic for your immune system, it will also create firm stools. You should feel much better after that! And it takes no time at all. All the best

Oh yes, coffee def creates problems the heartburn alone is a drag. It happens too me when I drink it too.