Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: So scared!!!!!

Default So scared!!!!!

I'm at my bf's house ATM which is 2 hours from mine and in the night I woke up really really hot and sweaty but my body was cold, like the sweat was literally dripping off me and the room is usually freezing, the heating was off and my bf was cold so it really freaked me out! I started panicking and got bad belly ache too and had the urge of D so I ran to the bathroom and it wasn't bad but it was a bit of D! Then my stomach hurt the rest of the night and I felt really sick but I have some buccastem the doctor gave me a few weeks ago for nausea/panic so I had one of them and eventually dropped off. I've just woken up with really bad belly ache again, thought I was gonna have D but it wasn't which is surprising coz even when I'm 'well' I have ibs and have just a week ago come out of a 3 week ibs flare that was so bad! But I do have the feeling I'm gonna have D and my stomach really hurts!!! So scared! I'm due on my period any day but it isn't like period cramp feeling its like bad d feeling! And I could have woken up hot coz I have a bad sore throat ATM? I need some reassurance/calming down I'm so scared!!! My bf knows I'm scared but don't think he really knows what to say and he has to go to work soon anyway and I'm be on my own panicking! Help!!!

Default Re: So scared!!!!!

Doesn't sound like you will v* - could this be a milder IBS flare? And if you have a bad sore throat that could certainly be accompanied by a high temperature etc. xxx

The fact that you do have IBS points to these being the result of another flare up. As for you waking up hot, it could've been from a lot of things and not just because of being sick. It could be that you're developing a cold. Does hot flashes come with IBS at all? I'm not really sure but it could've been your body's reaction to the IBS?

But what I do know is that you're not likely going to v* because it would've likely have happened by now. And the fact that you're not having a lot of d* shows that it's not really a virus. If it were, you would have a lot of d*

Like the others have said it could be a number of reasons. Firstly every now and then for several days before my period I get hotter than usual and wake up covered in sweat. Sometimes I just randomly wake up in a panic thinking for sure Im going to v* which is accompanied by waves of heat even if its really cold. It could also be down to your IBS. Theres a ton of possibilties why this happened but of course thanks to emet our brains automatically go for the most dreaded. Hope you're feeling better now.