Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Indegestion....I think, and pretty bad vertigo

Hey everyone.

I'm feeling weird right now. I've been feeling weird all day actually. Well first off, I went on a trip to Pittsburgh on Friday and arrived home today, but I didn't have a single BM since Friday until today and had two so far in the past 12 hours. But I've also had veritgo for the past week or two but it really started up again a night or two ago. With today being at it's worst (really dizzy, world spinning, unbalanced) and this weird indigestion....I'm starting to fear that I'm sick. My stomach feels a little weird like I need to have another BM and I'm burping a lot. Add that with the vertigo and headache and I'm beginning to fear it's a sv.

I did have a big meal for dinner and haven't v* yet, and I have not had d* either. So I'm hoping it's not noro or something. I don't feel nauseous at all and I'm drinking soda like I normally do so I feel okay in that sense. It's probably just my nerves but I need someone to assure me it's likely not a sv.

Default Re: Indegestion....I think, and pretty bad vertigo

Trust me noro comes on fast and it doesn't just build up. It really sounds like the mixture of both of those things.. sounds like you might be alittle dehydrated. And the reason why you had 2 bm is because it was built up from not going all that time, it builds up. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just take something for the headache and drink some water. And no it does not sound like a sv* at all.

Thank you. I didn't really think the vertigo was a symptom of a sv, but it just made me nervous. And thank you for your reply. I know rationally that it's not likely that I have a sv* but with emet....well you know. You start thinking everything is a sign of getting sick.

do you have anything to take for your vertigo? if you don't have an rx for antivert/meclezine try taking dramamine.....it is an awful feeling but doesnt mean you're getting a sv.

hope you feel better soon
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well now I feel much worse I woke up feeling sick but then got better and hungry, so I ate. But then as soon as I ate I felt sick again. I eventually laid down to take a nap but woke up earlier than I thought I would but felt ok, but now all of a sudden I feel weird again

Idk what's going on. I keep having BMs but it's all hard, not d*......so idk why I'm feeling like this. I hope it's not a sv* and I hope I don't v*

If it was the sv*, it would have hit pretty hard and you would have at least had d*. I was getting that dizziness. I would be fine if I looked straight and then I would just look to the side without moving my head and everything would spin. The doc thought it was part of my headaches/migraines, but I feel a big part of it was stress and being over tired. Do you have any Benadryl (spelling?) or Dramamine? Are you feeling n* or just...weird?

I think I'm feeling n* but I honestly can't tell

Does does the thought of food turn your stomach?

Not particularly. I can think of food. Don't know if I would want to eat anything though. lol

My mom always used to say this to me and it still holds true..." If you were going to v* it would have happened already". I know the feeling all too well of not having a bm for days. I used to have a huge thing about going in public places so if i ever took a trip somewhere sometimes I wouldn't go for a week...bad I know...but once I got home I would have movements for like 3 days every couple of hours...all hard. It wreaks havoc on the body. It causes n* bc of the pressure on the system, build up of gas, etc. Vertigo sometimes came on after a BM too. I would say if it has been a few days and you can eat and you don't have d* it is definitely not a sv*. Hope you get to feeling better soon though! Having your system off balance throws the anxiety in all kinds of diff directions.

Well, that is fine. I know if I am truly n* when two things happen. I am automatically taking really deep breaths in and out and the thought of food just turns the stomach!

And no, I don't have anything for my vertigo. I haven't gone to the doctors yet cause I hate going there.

I am taking deep breaths, but I think that's more of my panic attacks rather than n*.....but then again, I really don't know. And thank you for the responses. I'm really hoping it's not a sv* but my stomach still feels odd and it keeps making me think I'm gonna v*

It's like a dull feeling....almost like when your stomach is hungry. It's kind of like a mix of a full feeling, dull feeling, with the feeling like your stomach may growl.

That is exactly what I feel when I start to think about it too much. That is the exact feeling I am having now as I read of two more people I know with the sv*. I know now that this is all anxiety running a muck in my brain and causing the stomach to feel...off.

And my stomach is pretty bloated as well

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBn83 View Post
    That is exactly what I feel when I start to think about it too much. That is the exact feeling I am having now as I read of two more people I know with the sv*. I know now that this is all anxiety running a muck in my brain and causing the stomach to feel...off.
    In my logical mind, I'm thinking it's a mix of the fact that I went a long time without a BM that caused my digestive system to go all out of wack plus the anxiety. Or at least I'm hoping that's the reason :/

I didn't read your first post very well. Hun, if you went longer than two days without a BM, then that is what you are feeling...you system is moving. I had that on Monday. And my stomach? I had to unbutton my pants at work because of the bloating (thank the lord I work alone! )

Quote Originally Posted by mrobinson84 View Post
    My mom always used to say this to me and it still holds true..." If you were going to v* it would have happened already". I know the feeling all too well of not having a bm for days. I used to have a huge thing about going in public places so if i ever took a trip somewhere sometimes I wouldn't go for a week...bad I know...but once I got home I would have movements for like 3 days every couple of hours...all hard. It wreaks havoc on the body. It causes n* bc of the pressure on the system, build up of gas, etc. Vertigo sometimes came on after a BM too. I would say if it has been a few days and you can eat and you don't have d* it is definitely not a sv*. Hope you get to feeling better soon though! Having your system off balance throws the anxiety in all kinds of diff directions.
    I go by that rule too. I ate around 5 o clock and I have been drinking soda....so I keep telling myself I would've v* that stuff already. I had pizza for dinner too, so I don't think that would've stayed down for long if I were sick.

But my stomach is still bothering me even if I don't think about it and it keeps making me think....well, what if I DO get sick? I hate this worrying

I didn't read your first post very well. Hun, if you went longer than two days without a BM, then that is what you are feeling...you system is moving. I had that on Monday. And my stomach? I had to unbutton my pants at work because of the bloating (thank the lord I work alone! )
    And since yesterday I've probably had about 6-7 small BMs. So I can tell my system is going crazy right now. :/ I want it to stop though. Ugh.

And it doesn't help that my friend, who really doesn't know my condition that well, suggested I caught the bug that's going around. >.> Instant panic attack.

Nope you haven't. If you had bad d* or v* then yes, you would have caught the bug, but us emets know differently, don't we? Try drinking more water. I know that if I haven't had one during the day, I need to drink more water as I drink everything from water to soda to juice. I also try to drink an Odwalla strawberry banana smoothie a day. I love this stuff! It has my fruit, vit c and e to add to the vitamins I take.

The thing is with me....I associate water drinking with getting sick :/ It's one of those things where whenever I did get sick I would only drink water. So it's times like this where I don't want to drink water because I fear that means I am sick, or it will remind me of being sick.

This is part of why I hate this phobia. That's utterly ridiculous. But I can't help it :/

Oh hun, do I know that feeling! I can't help it and I get so mad at myself for letting myself get this way. My therapist is trying to get me to "replace" that thought of "oh, god, it is going to happen" with something else. Like I am having a huge problem with eating with my hands. Even after I wash my hands. If I come close to touching anything, I can't eat with my hands. I never used to be like this. I am having a mini freak out because I washed my hands and then opened up a container with a cinnamin bun and I had to cut one off. I used my finger to help "hold" it still while cutting it. Then, without even thinking about it, I put my finger in my mouth to get the frosting off and just froze! OMG I just put my finger in my mouth. Yes, I did JUST wash my hands, but it freaked me out. Normally, like a month ago, I wouldn't have even thought about it. But now I can't STOP thinking about it!

i think that this is constipation.....which can make you n, etc. having hard stools is a sign that you need more fiber and fluids.....also some exercise might help you to move things along. is it almost time for your period? you could take a stool softener pill......can help make "going" more productive......i know when i get this way that hot tea and a good walk helps.....

hope you feel better....
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So I got through the night without v* or d*. Had another BM and it was a bit more than I've done before, and again: no d*.

Oh hun, do I know that feeling! I can't help it and I get so mad at myself for letting myself get this way. My therapist is trying to get me to "replace" that thought of "oh, god, it is going to happen" with something else. Like I am having a huge problem with eating with my hands. Even after I wash my hands. If I come close to touching anything, I can't eat with my hands. I never used to be like this. I am having a mini freak out because I washed my hands and then opened up a container with a cinnamin bun and I had to cut one off. I used my finger to help "hold" it still while cutting it. Then, without even thinking about it, I put my finger in my mouth to get the frosting off and just froze! OMG I just put my finger in my mouth. Yes, I did JUST wash my hands, but it freaked me out. Normally, like a month ago, I wouldn't have even thought about it. But now I can't STOP thinking about it!
    Yeah, I know what this is like. When my anxiety is bad I also have a fear of having anything touching my hands....and if I do touch something I immediately have to wash them again. And last night I got over my silly fear of water = sv* and grabbed a bottle and drank some of it. I still prefer my soda, which is probably bad but I'm working on going back to water. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by olschesky View Post
    i think that this is constipation.....which can make you n, etc. having hard stools is a sign that you need more fiber and fluids.....also some exercise might help you to move things along. is it almost time for your period? you could take a stool softener pill......can help make "going" more productive......i know when i get this way that hot tea and a good walk helps.....

hope you feel better....
    You know what? I got my period last night >.< So I think that played a part in it too. I normally don't get stomach cramps with my period, it's usually all in my back, but I'm willing to bet my period played a part in it.

Thanks guys. I'm going to try and eat light today since I fear feeling that way again after I eat. I'm still really anxious about the norovirus going around though :/ I'm scared to death one of my family members will bring it home.

Well I am glad that you drank some water! GOOD STEP! I took a step and actually ate with my fingers OUTSIDE my home. I have it in the back of my mind, but trying to get through the day. I even started my anti-anxiety pills today so that is helping my mind, or at least trying to tell myself that it is helping! Glad you are feeling better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenyxAngel View Post
    The thing is with me....I associate water drinking with getting sick :/ It's one of those things where whenever I did get sick I would only drink water. So it's times like this where I don't want to drink water because I fear that means I am sick, or it will remind me of being sick.

This is part of why I hate this phobia. That's utterly ridiculous. But I can't help it :/
    Hello everyone,
    I'm quite new here but I really feel understood. Nobody understands why I won't do certain things. For example.... And this is really strange.... I associate staying in my PJs all day with being poorly. It's what happened when I was little, if I ever got sick and stayed home from school I'd stay in my PJs. Now I can never have a pajama day or relax when it's a chilly day. I can't eat certain foods or drink certain things. There's even films I won't ever watch again because I associate them with bad times.

You want a good one? I can't do the hokey pokey any more. I am 28 years old and afraid of the hokey pokey because when I was in 2nd grade, some girl got very sick in the middle of it! My niece asked me to do it with her (as she just learned it) and I couldn't do it! I couldn't even sing it for her...I just clapped! We all have theses "things" we can't do. One of my goals of CBT is being able to do the hokey pokey with my niece without thinking of it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley807 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I'm quite new here but I really feel understood. Nobody understands why I won't do certain things. For example.... And this is really strange.... I associate staying in my PJs all day with being poorly. It's what happened when I was little, if I ever got sick and stayed home from school I'd stay in my PJs. Now I can never have a pajama day or relax when it's a chilly day. I can't eat certain foods or drink certain things. There's even films I won't ever watch again because I associate them with bad times.
    I'm the same! People always talk about being in pjs all day....but I can't do that because the only time I've ever done that was when I'm sick. So I can only wear my pjs for about an hour or two after waking up. After that I have to get out of them and into my clothes for the day. I also can't wear robes or slippers (wore them when I was sick as a kid).