Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Impending doom!!

Dont know what it is but Ive just had this feeling of impending doom since yesterday. I havent been feeling particularly n* yet I cant shake the feeling that Im gonna v* very very soon! I realise this sounds absolutely crazy and yet this is what I feel. I have had the odd occasion when Ive thought something random and its happened and this just feels exactly the same. Im trying to reason with myself but nothing I do or say can detract from this dread Im feeling. Anyone else ever felt like this and if so what was the outcome?

Default Re: Impending doom!!

Oh yeah, whenever my anxiety is high I get the exact same feeling. I've been feeling it for the past month. I've gotten the fear that me or my family members will get the norovirus. It really is like a feeling of impending doom, like you said. I'm sorry that you haven't found much success in diverting the feeling. I was going to suggest distracting yourself but I know it's easier said than done. :/ Keep trying though. Eventually the feeling will go away, for both of us and whoever else is experiencing it.

Havent had it like this before. Its overwhelming to be honest. Im just about to leave for work and Im scared cos I feel like its going to happen soon - probably today!! I could never tell anyone in real life that I feel like this cos theyd think Id gone mad. I dont even want breakfast and I always wake up starving. Im also feeling n* now and my stomach feels unsettled and Im having hot sweats yet I havent got heating on and its not warm today. Help, panic is really kicking in now.

If you feel so hungry that you wake up starving, I think you should listen to your body and eat! Your hunger is probably adding to the unsettled feeling in your stomach. Try some dry toast or applesauce, and I bet you'll feel much better.
    "Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live." -Dorothy Thompson

If you're waking up hungry then that's a sign that you don't have the sv*. You need to eat. You're stomach is feeling uneasy and nauseous because of your nerves and the fact that you have nothing in your stomach. The hot sweats also happen with nerves and panic attacks....trust me. I just had a few tonight. And for the same reason as you: nauseous and a weird feeling in my stomach. But I realize that it's also because my nerves have been horrible for the past few weeks. Just try to relax, you're not going to get sick.