Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: PANICING NOW!!!

Ok I am not sure if you remember me talking in a previous post about my co-workers son who was in the hospital with the Rotavirus, well he was let out Saturday night, and today my co-worker came back. She was nervous and upset becasuse her son started to V** Again.. Well she just came into my office to get some cream, and she like I just V***.. I had to act calm, I was like.. Really why? She said she does not know she does not V*** ever, I then asked do u think u got the Bug from your son? She said no, she thinks its just her being worried about he son..OMG.. what do I do? I am FREAKING OUT over here. We have ONE Bathroom, and I can not wait the Whole day with going!! I think I am going to FAINT, CRY, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I hate this I really do.. WHAT TO I DO??? HELP SOMEONE PLEASE!!!

Ok, well first try to stay calm, which I know is hard, I would be freaking too, we are here for you!! Does she feel bad too, or is she just really freaking about her son still being sick, and if he is still so sick, what the heck is she doing at work anyway. Can she go home, do you have any supervisor you can tell that she has been sick, so they will tell her to go home? I would just be honest and tell her, look, if you think you are sick, please dont come in my office and around me, say .......... I have kids at home and I dont want them or myself sick. You will get through this, keep us posted, we are here for you!!!!

PS. I didnt say anything about the usual hygiene cause I figured you know all that!!

Thank you for responding, I feel like a baby crying about this, when I am a grown adultu know what I mean. I just spoke to her again and she said she thinks its all stress related, becasue she does not feel sick. She is calm, what I would give to be that calm. My office is not close to heres, so I am going to just stay away, Granted we all have to use the same fax, but I will clean my hands a million time with alcohol if I have to. Her husband is with her son, and they are just watching him to see how he is doing. I am soo much better when I do not know about kids/ or adults being sick. Now I just want to cry, thanks again for posting, I am going to try and calm down, but when I look at the time and see its only 10:40 AM, and i have to be here till 6, does not help me calm down at all. Thanks again. Christy[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I know it is hard to stay calm, please dont think I was trying to sound un-caring or something, I promise you I wasnt!! I know its hard to be there at owrk with someone you know has been sick, and whose child has been sick. I guess we could take it as a good sign that she doesnt feel bad? Do you all eat lunch together (not that you want to today) but will you be able to know if she eats or not?

Oh yes, we eat lunch togather, often..Soand she knows I am alittle freaked about V*** but not to the point that all of you know She has no Clue I am freaing out over here..And I do not think u sounded uncaring at all, not to worry.. Its feels good to vent to someone that understands, I am already Nausea, and just a mess. My stomach as been this way all weekend and more soo today.. Im sure its my nerves. I just have been feeling less in control these last couple of days, and so I get emotional, and just worry WAY to much.. THanks again Jenny I am glad I had you to talk to, this does make me feel alot better.

Oh! I am sorry you are feeling like this. I see that you are better! How is that lady now?

I am so sorry you are going through that. I know how it feels. All I can tell you is to try to breathe in and breathe out. You don't want to panic yourself into being nauseus. I know that is easier said than done. If she were sick she would feel bad. Just try to avoid her today and if you can get away for lunch to "run errands" go use a restroom somewhere else.

How are you now? How is she?

I'm sorry, too!!! I know how you feel--actually, I was really upset about a situation I have been going through with some friends of mine, and then my husband and I had a problem and yesterday it all compunded (not to mention that I am 32 weeks pregnant and am getting 2 hrs of sleep per night) and I really almost v'ed yesterday morning. I had the cold sweats, the shakes, the nausea, I couldn't catch my breath and then---my throat started to open and I thought "OH NO, this is it" and then I went outside for some fresh air and told myself not to let the stupid problems get to me that way, and I felt better, so truly, it may be that she is so worked up and worried about her son. Extreme stress will do that!!

I am doing OK I think, I ate some lunch..(wrap and some chips) but my stomach hurts, and is making a whole lot of noise in there.. My co-workers is ok, she ate lunch, and so far sooo good. She said her husband must have gotten it, he has a V*** this AM, and does not feel good. I am trying to remain Calm, cool and collective, but I am only kidding myself.. I am nausea , and FREAKING out as I type. My head hurts, and I know its all cause I am just worrying. AGGGG I would give anything for a vaccine for this I tell you. MY-Co-worker found out that he got it from the babysitters house, she has 4 kids with the same thing. OK guys I thank u all again for trying to keep me sane, I am sooo greatfull to all of you.. Christy (Who is trying mind of matter methods here)

Aww, I'm sorry you're going thru this. On the plus side she feels OK and she ate and since shes an adult you can be more trusting of what she says is wrong w/ her. Stress can absolutely make you feel sick (as we all know) and she not being afraid of it probably felt better v*ing. Her hubby may have caught it but he may not, soemthing he ate could have disagreed w/ him or his could be stress too. I'm sure you are being super sanitary and that you will be fine! BTW your stomach is probably from worry about her. Did you feel OK this morning before you knew? That is somethign I try and ask myself. "How did I feel before ___ happened" Anyhow keep us posted!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

You know, that is a good idea, how were you feeling before you knew about this woman being sick? If you were fine then you know it is stress. Try to remember too, you havent been around her much, and she doesnt seem to have anything contagious. Plese try to stay positive about all this, I know that is hard, but we dont want you sick from worry, ya know!!!!