Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Antiemetic advice please

I'm currently being prescribed Cyclizine a strong antiemetic used in the UK, I've been taking it for months due to persistent nausea which was having a severe impact on my appetite, cyclizine helps me cope a little better. Problem is I've ran out (very silly of me) and won't be able to get any until Monday afternoon at the latest due to my GP surgery not being open til the. I've read that promethazine hydrochloride branded as 'sominex' (a mild sedative) in the UK produces similar effects as cyclizine. I can buy sominex over the counter and was wondering if it would be a good idea to take until I can get my cyclizine? Any advice?

Default Re: Antiemetic advice please

Not sure about the sominex but I do know that cyclizine is the active ingredient in valoid which we get here in South Africa over the counter, and the last time I was in the UK [about 5 years ago] it was available over the counter?

Yeah I've had it prescribed as Valoid before, unfortunately you can't get it without a prescription for the amount I'm taking.

Can you get a hold of a product called Bonine or anything similar to that??? Bonine is meclizine which is used for motion sickness (and works wonders, I can attest with my 5 year old SUPER motion sick prone daughter) and it helps with vertigo too.