Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Nooooooo! I've been exposed!

Urghhh, I feel completely and utterly doomed...

I work as a nanny two days a week, so today I went to work as normal only to find that the youngest child (4 year old) had been v*ing yesterday and had a terrible fever today. She was lying on the sofa looking ridiculously ill, so the Mum suggested I just read to her. She assured me that she hadn't v*d since yesterday, but she was still very poorly with a high fever.

I was nervous, but reassured myself by thinking 'Ok, if I don't put my hands anywhere near my mouth for this whole 4 hours I'll be fine'. I was doing really well but twice my hand grazed my lips and seeing as my lips are so dry I just had to lick them urghhhhhhh....so basically it's possible that I could've been infected.

I'm now terrified...why oh why do I choose to work with children when I have this stupid stupid phobia?! **sigh** I'm just looking for some reassurance I guess....

Default Re: Nooooooo! I've been exposed!

If you weren't in contact with the child at all, like you didn't touch her, you should be ok. She probably was still contagious, but you can only catch it from bodily fluids. Also, kids can get rotovirus, which is similar to noro, but adults can only carry it, you don't get symptoms. I wouldn't worry about it too much, the chance of you being contaminated is slim. Just boost your vitamins, take extra hygiene precautions and maybe eat some probiotics, you will be fine.