Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How do you actually know???

How do you know if you are coming down with the norovirus/ stomach bug?? What are the early symptoms???

Default Re: How do you actually know???

Norovirus hits suddenly. Like you feel your stomach cramping up and then you are running for a toilet or a trashcan... But a stomach bug can be different, because there are different levels of it. Some start with aches, others start with nausea. It all depends.
    The past is only the future with the lights on;
    quit crying your eyes out, & baby come on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think almost all stomach bugs come on fairly quickly and the first thing you'll feel is stomach pains/nausea. I don't really think there are any early symptoms. I guess some could say malaise but that isn't always the case with sv*. So basically it's just the stomach pains that are the earliest symptom.

I have had noro twice and never had stomach pains. I felt ill for about two hours then started v*.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Dan, the thing about norovirus that scares not only emets but regular people is that it can come on so suddenly, there is no warning. British humorist Charlie Brooker (an emet) said it best when he said, "you only truly know you've got it when you suddenly spot a jet of vomit flying away from your face."

If you feel nauseated beforehand, you might be able to prevent vomiting by use of anti-emetics.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jptk View Post
    I have had noro twice and never had stomach pains. I felt ill for about two hours then started v*.
    I've had it too, and had stomach pain and nausea before hand. My room mates recently had it last month and said the same thing. I'm going based on what I've seen/heard. It's not the same for everyone, but nausea/pain can come beforehand.