Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Think this is SV Help!

Ok so on Thursday my daughter came home with a SV. I made my husband deal with her as much as possible but Friday night we had ti travel to Maryland for a competition so that meant 4 hours in a car and sleeping next to her! She was not activity sick but felt sick and warm. I didn't sleep Thursday at all then fri only got 3 hours in. Finally last night I slept a full night thinking I was in the clear and around 12 today started with cramps. By 3 I was in full panic mode with D no V yet. Got a weird feeling when I burped and freake out thought I was going to V! So it now has been 6 hours when am I in clear! I took 3 Zofran to stop the V from even happening.
    Weird part is this feeling with the burp I got, I have been getting alot lately aside from today. I can't deal with this feeling and the waves if N keep on coming! Ginger didn't help and now scared to go to sleep. I think this is def sV but I feel like this so often on other occasions that I think it's in my head and driving me nutty! It's almost 3 to 5 days a week I feel some sort of stomach discomfort.

Default Re: Think this is SV Help!

If this is happening more than just once, then I wouldn't say it was a sv*. Does the zofran help? I think you are letting the anxiety take you for a loop. Try to keep yourself busy and slow your breathing down and try to get some sleep! Feel better!

If you haven't got any "real" symptoms (this is not saying yours aren't real, they feel real of course), like the nasty diarrhea or actual vomiting consider a lot of the extreme symptoms could be caused by anxiety from the cramps. No one can say whether or not you have caught what your daughter has; but one thing that always comforted me is to look around me. Is your husband sick too? He dealt with her first hand.
    Also consider that Zofran is pretty good at keeping throwing up at bay. That's what I was given when I was in the hospital once with a stomach injury. It worked. Keep calm dear heart.. I know it is so hard, this time of year is brutal but less stress is really a good defense right now. Keep posting here if you have to!
    Life is so worth living.

Thank you guys! I def feel like I had a tOuch of it today...I did have the the nasty symptom out the other end lol. I now feel ok but stomach hurts and still cramping. Zofran is my lifesaver! I keep it on me at all times. This is just such a mind game and I thought when I was in my teens by the time I got older I wOuld be over this. I guesses wrong, I an worse than years ago. Now it consumes me more than ever. I can't even teach my dance classes without being in fear. My hand are raw from washing and sanitizers. I think I contained the bug the best I could. I bleached and lysoled and even kept my sick daughter in her room with an air cleaner on. She wasn't near my other 2 kids and we went away till last night just me and her. It's so hard to think about anything else other than sV right now. This year it seems people all around me have it and it's running through houses time and time again! My sisters kids had it 3 weeks ago and again this week! Uk can't take this. But yes anxiety def getting to me. Thanks again. This sight is helping me in so many ways to know I am not alone because my friends and family think I am ridiculous

Oh And how do I get a picture next to my name lol I have tried can't figure it out

If you've been feeling it more than once then I don't think it was the result of the sv*. To me it sounds like nerves, and possibly something else that's been bothering you.....but I can't say for sure what it is. If it continues maybe it would be best to go to the doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymnastmama View Post
    Oh And how do I get a picture next to my name lol I have tried can't figure it out
    I think you do it under 'Settings' at the top and maybe changing the avatar? I don't exactly remember how it was done. lol.

But I do want to ask: people keep mentioning Zofran. I read that it's a drug that helps stop v*....but how does one get the medication? I don't know if a doctor would prescribe it for someone with emet and would rather save it for people who may "actually need it"....or something like that. And how much does it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenyxAngel View Post
    I think you do it under 'Settings' at the top and maybe changing the avatar? I don't exactly remember how it was done. lol.

But I do want to ask: people keep mentioning Zofran. I read that it's a drug that helps stop v*....but how does one get the medication? I don't know if a doctor would prescribe it for someone with emet and would rather save it for people who may "actually need it"....or something like that. And how much does it cost?

I love my Zofran!!! I was sick I believe with the sv* in 2009 (I never got v* from it, but came pretty damn close) and ended up getting badly dehydrated and had to go to the ED. They gave me Zofran there and it made me feel so much better. Well, I bounced back after having almost 3 bags of fluids and thought I was ok, but a month later, I got it again (really don't know if it was my mind playing a wonderful "trick" on me or what) but ended back up in the ED for more fluids. I never got sick or anything, just wouldn't drink because I didn't want to get sick.

Well, this is when I first told my doc about my emet and said that along with my Lexapro, they were going to give me Zofran as long as I didn't over use it (use it every day was their worry) and I don't. I used it when I need it and I get my refiles with no problem. Try talking to your doc about it. It helps me wonders just knowing that it is there IF I need it.